This collection of more than 400 Video Tutorials will soon get you up and running producing stunning video clips with Adobe After Effects which is a digital visual effects, motion graphics, and compositing application developed by Adobe Systems and used in the post-production process of film making and television production.
Among other things, After Effects can be used for keying, tracking, compositing and animation.
There are many functions and techniques to master!Use this app as a “Video Referencing Library” where you can come back for a refresher lesson or search for how to do something new.App features:** Edit the video title, subtitle and keep your own set of user notes.** Move the video around it's group and even change it's group.** Make videos your favourites and give them your own rating.** Search by title or notes.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon. The developer, Tony Walsh, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple. The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update. Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
If you’re on the lookout for an all-encompassing photo and video editing program that offers you a professional toolset for doing just about any kind of creative editing, you don’t have to search any further. Adobe After Effects is definitely the tool you want to check out.
The application allows users to create anything from basic editing to character animation, object removal from video clips, 3D designs, and more. With After Effects, you can do cross-editing across other Adobe products, such as Adobe Premiere Pro, import from Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
|App Name:||Adobe After Effects|
|Developer:||Adobe Systems Inc|
|Version:||Adobe After Effects CC 2020 126.96.36.199|
|Updated:||January, 17th 2020|
|File Size:||2 MB|
|File Type:||EXE file|
|Requirement:||PC/laptop/tablet running Windows|
(Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64)
While Adobe After Effects is a subscription-based premium tool, if you follow the instructions below, I’ll show you how to download it free for 7 days.
Go directly to the official Adobe After Effects download page.
- Click the Download button on the sidebar, and a new page will open, prompting you to create an account (if you are a new user or login to Adobe After Effects to continue).
- After finishing the registration, a download link will be sent to your email.
- Once Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop is installed, search for After Effects in the list of programs and click on install.
- Then, you can start using the program for your editing needs free of charge for 7 days.
Adobe After Effects is a must-have program for anyone with an interest in video editing. From students and hobbyists to amateurs and professional filmmakers, After Effects will help bring your vision to reality.
The software is packed with a professional-grade toolset and templates that can help unlock the creative genius. One of the most impressive features is the integrated AI that can help correct many common errors without you needing to do too much.
Additional Editing Software From Adobe
While After Effects has many tools that are easy to use, there are plenty of advanced tools and features that may take some time to master.
On that end, Adobe has an excellent tutorial that is available for anyone who wants to learn how to best use the tools.
- Some of the most common uses of After Effects are creating cinematic movie titles, video intros, and smooth transitions.
- It’s compatible with third-party plugins, which extend the range of features and functions that you can accomplish.
- The workspace is an intuitive 3D space that makes it easy to link with other Adobe products, such as Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, and more.
- As you might expect from the name of the software, After Effects, the program specializes in adding after effects in post-production to add the finishing touches to your video production.
- Here are just a few of the top features that you won’t want to miss:.
- The most important thing to understand with After Effects is what they call Compositions. These are the frameworks for your video projects.
A standard composition includes several layers comprising of all the components that create your finished project. It can be multiple video clips, audio and sound effects, visual effects, text, pictures, and whatever else you include in your productions.
An example of a composite in After Effects. Once you’ve added the layers, you can manipulate the length of each layer, where it sits on the timeline, and arrange them so that the layers are showing in the correct order. After seeing the Content Aware Fill feature’s success with Photoshop, Adobe has added it to After Effects.
It allows you to seamlessly remove unwanted objects from the background and fill in the space behind it without any distortion.
- There are some limitations as to what you can remove, especially if the background is constantly changing.
- You should use Content Aware Fill with objects on a simple or textured background for the best results.
- If you have Photoshop or a Creative Cloud account, you can use it to improve the quality of your content.
- Create a reference frame and upload it to Photoshop. Then you can use the Photoshop tools to change the background, giving you something that is easier to work with.
- Next, upload your editing version back to After Effects, and it will use the updated frame to improve its own AI calculations and improve the quality of your video clip.
- Are you making a film about a snowstorm in the middle of the summer?
- Perhaps you need a steady rainfall for a scene?
- You don’t need to wait for the seasons to change, or the weather to cooperate with your film schedule.
- After Effects has the tools and plugins you need to add realistic weather effects to your videos.
- Using snow as an example, there are several ways to add falling snow to your project:.
- Find a stock video clip of snow that you like and add it as a layer over your other video.
Industry-standard video effects software
- Create a snowstorm using the particle system technique.
- Take a video of snow falling and add it to your video in post-production.
- You can also use the VFX/Visual Effects to create 3D animation, change the background setting of your video, and add special effects.
- The latest version of After Effects has improved 3D capabilities.
- The advanced tool upgrades are geared to help producers and editors design and composite 3D effects faster and more naturally without relying on plugins.
- While plugins are helpful, you can now handle all the 3D manipulations in one workspace without jumping back and forth between different apps to create a single 3D shot.
- The 3D design space has the following features:. 3D Transform Gizmo: The improved Gizmo gives you the option to scale, position, and rotate 3D layers.
- Updated camera tools for navigating in 3D: Move around the scene and view it from every angle.
- You can see where objects should be, whether you can move them, and if necessary, use the Gizmo tool to adjust their spacing, size, or location.
Adobe After Effects Features
- Real-time 3D Draft Preview: Get real time renderings of your project with the fast Real-Time Engine (RTE) that gives consistent previews without lag.
- 3D Ground Plane: Stay oriented and understand the spacing in your videos when using the 3D Ground Plane while previewing your work.
- It gives valuable visual cues to help you ensure the lighting, camera positions, and 3D layers are all in sync with your 3D design.
- If you’re creating videos as part of a team or you want a collection of videos that follow a similar design, the Motion Graphics Templates can be a huge time saver.
To create your motion graphics template, open the Essential Graphics panel (Window > Workspace > Essential Graphics), and a new workspace will open.
- Open the Essential Graphics Workspace to create a Graphic Motion Template.
- There are four main ways to use the essential graphics panel.
- Control Surface: You can change the parameters of your timeline and add shortcuts to make it easy to change selected elements.
- Master Properties: Add master controls that allow you to add layers or modifications that are found in other compositions.
- Export to Premiere Pro: Once the template is complete, you can save it as a .mogrt file and upload it to Adobe Premiere Pro.
The template will contain all the original images, videos, and effects, making them easily editable. Grouping: You can merge font properties, group controls, and add new controls to include data from CSV and TSV documents. Adding the right text style can make or break your video, especially if you’re using it for marketing or creating a presentation.
With After Effects, you can choose from the wide selection of fonts from the Adobe Fonts database or import custom fonts. To view the different font options, click on the Text layer in your video timeline and open the drop-down menu showing all the different characters.
You can then choose any font, and you’ll get an instant preview of the font on your video. To open the Text option, click on the >> on the top right corner of your workspace to open the different panel options.
Then, select the Text option, and a new panel will open with all the tools you need for writing your text, choosing a font, color, size, and more. You can then assign special parameters to the text layers and choose from a host of animation options. The text layers have their own special parameters to go along with the standard transform properties that are found in every layer.
One of the main focuses of the latest After Effects was improving the user interface. After Effects can be quite intimidating when you first open it, and it will take some time to learn.
Thankfully, Adobe includes multiple step-by-step tutorials that will explain how to use each of the features and tools, regardless of your background.
The workstation is divided into three panels:. Project Panel: This is where you’ll see all the different files that you uploaded to use in the project. Composition Panel: You can get a live preview of your project while you’re working on it.
Timeline Panel: This is where you arrange the order of the layers, length, and order each of the video clips, add the media, and do the actual creation of your project. One of the biggest improvements that Adobe added to After Effects is how you can control the parameters in the drop-down menus.
While this doesn’t sound like a big deal, it makes working with After Effects much easier. It’s especially helpful when creating a template. With the old setup, you would need to use sliders to toggle between the different settings, but now you can customize a drop-down menu or even rename it, helping you work more effectively.
The tools are grouped together, making it convenient to use when trying to finish a particular editing function. You can click on the >> icon on the top right corner of the workstation to view all the different panels, such as Text, Animation, Paint, Motion Tracking, Effects, and more. The main workspaces in After Effects.
On the top of your screen is the option to change the composition screen to display how your video will look on different screen sizes, such as mobile devices and tablets. The right side of your screen is where you’ll find all the different tools.
The most common options are locked on the sidebar, although you can customize the workstation based on your preferences. If your free trial is complete and you don’t want to continue using After Effects, you can remove it from your computer by following these easy steps:. Type Add or Remove Programs in the Windows search bar and click the Enter key.
Locate Adobe After Effects in the list of installed programs and click the Uninstall button. The uninstallation wizard will open. Confirm that you want to remove the software, and it will be removed completely from your computer. Alternatively, you can simply go to your Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop, Select After Effects, click on the three horizontal dots on the top-right corner, and then click Uninstall.
That will remove the software from your PC. How to uninstall Adobe After Effects from Creative Cloud Desktop. Adobe has quite a repertoire of editing programs that integrate seamlessly with each, allowing you to further improve the quality of your work with more tools and effects.