It is a core idea of to not just practice any keyboard shortcuts, but to select what is useful for you. Use this and other public collections to quickly build your own shortcut collections. The -icon shows at first glance which shortcuts are already in your collections. Hover over the icon to see the names of your collections that contain the respective shortcut.
These public tables can also serve as a cheat sheet to quickly look up keyboard shortcuts when you need them. However, the same can be done much quicker with KeyCombiner Desktop's instant lookup.
- Please note that we are not in any way affiliated to the applications, companies, and trademarks listed as public collections.
Age of Empires 4 hotkeys
Units & Objects
The data is gathered solely from official and public sources. If you are the copyright holder and wish to see your software removed, please get in touch and we will remove it quickly.
- The combination table supports all popular multi-selection patterns.
- Hold Shift for range-selection.
- Use Ctrl for selecting multiple areas, and drag the mouse to select adjacent entries.
- Copy the selected combinations to a personal collection via the Collect-button on top of the table.
- Use the sidebar on the right to quickly filter through your collection by preset criteria.
- Use the different search fields for more complex queries.
- Use the buttons at the top-left of the combination table to export the keyboard combinations in different formats.
- So, you want to know about Age of Empires 4 hotkeys and shortcuts?
- For better and for worse, RTS games often require a high ‘APM’ – actions per minute – especially when playing competitive multiplayer matches.
- As quick and accurate as a mouse can be, it’s still a lot easier to combine with a selection of keyboard shortcuts so you can do basic actions quickly.
- These can range from selecting unit groups quickly, to cycling through buildings, and even queuing up build orders without having to click the button manually.
- These shortcuts can also be useful if you’re having trouble locating a specific unit, or just want a quick and easy way to tell everyone to charge that wall like there’s no tomorrow.
- We’ve put together a quick guide to Age of Empires IV hotkeys.
- Credit to Microsoft for sharing a detailed list of hotkeys and control shortcuts on the official Xbox website.
- We haven’t copied everything – the more basic control functions will be taught to you in-game, and some of the more niche shortcuts are only really relevant for highly competitive multiplayer.
- The rest though should be useful to most people.
- Here is a list of important Age of Empires 4 keyboard shortcuts.
- Some functions have two different shortcuts.
- Where applicable, we’ve listed both.
- Please also note that most of these hotkeys can be remapped, with only a couple of exceptions.
- You can also have multiple keyboard shortcut profiles, so that you can experiment to see what works best.
- Select all units on screen – Ctrl + A / Ctrl + K.
- Access secondary UI panel – Y (with a unit selected) / Ctrl + Y.
- Cancel / Deselect / Menu – ESC key.
- Game menu – F10.
Quick save – F8. Quick load – F9. Focus on selected unit – F5. Follow selected unit – HOME. Cycle through selected units (forward) – Tab / Right arrow. Cycle through selected units (backwards) – Ctrl + tab / Left arrow. Control groups – Ctrl + 0-9 to set, then press 0-9 to select.
Also works with the NUM key. Select all Military buildings – F1 / M. Select all Economic buildings – F2 / K. Select all Research buildings – F3 / O. Select all Landmarks, Wonders, and capital Town Centers – F4 / P.
Cycle through town centers – H / L. Focus in capital Town Center – Ctrl + H / Ctrl + L. Cycle through individual Monk units – ` (apostrophe) / ].
Find Building Shortcuts:
Cycle through individual Scout units – / or [. Cycle through Idle Economy units – .
- Select all idle Villagers – Ctrl + .
Tips For Queuing Units Faster
- (period) / Ctrl + up arrow.
- Select all Villagers – Ctrl + Shift + V / Up arrow.
- Return all Villagers to work – Ctrl + Shift + R / PgUp.
- Cycle through idle Military units – , (comma) / down arrow.
- Select all idle Military units – Ctrl + , (comma) / Ctrl + down arrow.
- Select all Military units – Ctrl + Shift + C / Ctrl + M.
- Queue production of 5 units of that type – Shift + click button / Shift + [unit production hotkey].
- Delete unit or building – Delete (hold).
- Global chat [All] – Shift + Enter or \.
- Team chat [Team] – Enter or /.
Hotkeying Techs & Hotkeys
- We hope you find this list useful. This guide will teach you everything about hotkeys to take your gameplay to the next level.
- Wanna know a big secret? Hotkeys take a big chunk of a player’s skill.
- Check out the graph below. It’s silly of me to generate such a stupid graph but it’s always nice to remind your brain how huge is 70%.
- As usually the guide will be tackled in the very little details.
Camera & Location Hotkeys
- There is also a video version of this guide..
- If you’re new to the hotkey world, It’s recommended to use one of the hotkey presets of pro players.
- For that reason I got you covered with a pack of hotkey files which you can either install them yourself manually or use a little app to accomplish it in glimpse of an eye.
- Download the hotkey files zip: Hotkey-Profiles.zip.
- Press Windows Button + R.
- Type in: %userprofile%\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE.
A folder should pop up. Now inside it you’ll find another folder or more with random numbers e.g. Enter those folders with the random numbers then inside “/profile/” folder extract the hotkey files zip inside them both “76561198079200175” & “76561198286982586”, but if you only have one folder it’s ok.
General Shortcut Keys:
- It should look like this. If you’re feeling lazy to manually install the hotkey pack, you can download this little tool from here:.
- Inside the Archive there a “HotkeyPack-DE.exe” file, just double click it ( no need to extract it) Then a window like this one appears:.
- Press the install button and that’s it. We have all these hotkey presets installed automatically.
- I know that some of you out there would prefer a pdf copy of the hotkeys to analyze.
Create Building Shortcuts:
- I got you covered with 4 pdf files and each pdf includes hotkeys list (full table) from GregStein, TheViper, TaToH.
- GregStein Hotkeys (QWERTY) (English Keyboard).
- GregStein Hotkeys (AZERTY) (French Keyboard).
- TaToH Hotkeys (QWERTY) (English Keyboard).
- TheViper Hotkeys (QWERTY) (English Keyboard).
- in Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition or any previous version, we can set hotkeys to 4 sets of units & objects:.
- 1- Military Units.
- Use your mouse to box whatever object(s) or unit(s) you wish to hotkey then for example: CTRL + 1 (select any number from 0 – 9).
- Now that our army above is set to number 1.
- There are two ways to employ this hotkey.
Only selects your units without switching camera view. Selects your units and switches the camera view at their location.
When taking fights away from town, you can use single click (number 4 for example) to select the town center and queue villagers without having to switch the camera view.