Android 8.0 Oreo™. Smarter, faster, more powerful and sweeter than ever. The world's favorite cookie is your new favorite Android release. Swift moves, behind the scenes. 2x faster: Get started on your favorite tasks more quickly with 2x the boot speed when powering up.boot time as measured on Google Pixel. XePlayer is a best and free Android Emulator for pc that enables all Android games and apps to run smoothly in Windows systems.
Run Android on your PC
Release Note 8.1-rc1
(2018/06/18)The Android-x86 project is glad to announce the 8.1-rc1 release to public. This is the first release candidate for Android-x86 8.1 (oreo-x86). The prebuilt images are available in the following site:
The 8.1-rc1 release is based on the latest Android 8.1.0 Oreo MR1 release (8.1.0_r33). The features include :
- Support both 64-bit and 32-bit kernel and userspace.
- Support OpenGL ES 3.x hardware acceleration for Intel/AMD/Nvidia, VMware and QEMU(virgl) by Mesa 18.1.2.
- Support OpenGL ES 2.0 via SwiftShader for software rendering on unsupported GPU devices.
- Support hardware accelerated codecs on devices with Intel HD & G45 graphics family.
- Support secure booting from UEFI and installing to UEFI disk.
- A text based GUI installer.
- Add theme support to GRUB-EFI.
- Support Multi-touch, Audio, Wifi, Bluetooth, Sensors, Camera and Ethernet (DHCP only).
- Auto-mount external usb drive and sdcard.
- Add Taskbar as an alternative launcher which puts a start menu and recent apps tray on top of your screen and support freeform window mode.
- Enable ForceDefaultOrientation on devices without known sensors. Portrait apps can run in a landscape device without rotating the screen.
- Support arm arch apps via the native bridge mechanism. (Settings -> Android-x86 options)
Android 8.1 Oreo Emulator For Windows Pc Download Free
This release contains four files. You can choose one of these files depends on your devices. Most modern devices should be able to run the 64-bit ISO. For older devices with legacy BIOS, you may try the 32-bit ISO.
- 64-bit ISO: android-x86_64-8.1-rc1.iso
- 32-bit ISO: android-x86-8.1-rc1.iso
- 64-bit rpm: android-x86-8.1-rc1.x86_64.rpm
- 32-bit rpm: android-x86-8.1-rc1.i686.rpm
To use an ISO file, Linux users could just dump it into a usb drive to create a bootable usb stick like :
Android 8.1 Oreo Apk
dd if=android-x86_64-8.1-rc1.iso of=/dev/sdX
where /dev/sdX is the device name of your usb drive.
Windows's users can use the tool Win32 Disk Imager to create a bootable usb stick.
Please read this page about how to install it to the device. Except the traditional ISO files, we also package android-x86 files into a Linux package rpm. It allows Linux users to easily install the release into an existing Linux device with a standalone ext4 root partition. On an rpm based device (Fedora/Red Hat/CentOS/SUSE...), just install it like a normal rpm package:
This will update your older installation like 7.1-r2 or 8.1-rc1 if you have.
Android Oreo 8.0 Download
On a deb based device (Debian/Ubuntu/LinuxMint/...), please use the alien tool to install it:
sudo apt install alien
sudo alien -ci android-x86-8.1-rc1.x86_64.rpm
All files will be installed to the /android-8.1-rc1/ subdirectory and boot entries will be added to grub2 menu. Reboot and choose android-x86 item from the menu to boot Android-x86. Alternatively, you can launch Android-x86 in a QEMU virtual machine by the installed qemu-android script:
Note Android-x86 running in QEMU and the real machine (after rebooting) share the same data sub-folder.To uninstall it :
sudo rpm -e android-x86
- Google Play Service may crash sometimes on the 32-bit image.
- Suspend and resume doesn't work on some devices.
Source codeThe source code is available in the main git server.
repo init -u git://git.osdn.net/gitroot/android-x86/manifest -b oreo-x86
repo sync --no-tags --no-clone-bundle
Read this page for how to compile source code.
Do have some experience with Android Oreo the latest version on your PC or in a virtualized environment such as VMware or VirtualBox, and Hyper-v? Here you can download Android Oreo iso file for installing on VMware, VirtualBox or Hyper-V. If you have any difficulties with Android installation on a virtualization software, try to read the article. Install Android Oreo on VMware.
Android Oreo 8.1 has launched on even fewer devices, but packs in extras mostly concentrated on Pixel phones. The Pixel 2-exclusive Visual Core makes the best phone camera even better with improve HDR+ photos.
Android “Oreo” (codenamed Android O during development) is the eighth major version of the Android operating system. It was first released as an alpha quality developer preview in March 2017 and released to the public on August 21, 2017.
It contains a number of major features, including notification grouping, picture-in-picture support for video, performance improvements and battery usage optimization, and support for auto filters, Bluetooth 5, system-level integration with VoIP apps, wide colour gamuts, and Wi-Fi Aware. Android Oreo also introduces two major platform features: Android Go – a software distribution of the operating system for low-end devices – and support for implementing a hardware abstraction layer.
Download Android Oreo ISO File
In order to install an operating system on a virtualization software like VMware, VirtualBox, or Microsoft Hyper-v in Windows 10, you need to have the iso image file of that operating system. This file is an Android iso file that helps you install Android Oreo on VMware…
Just download Android Oreo ISO file and install it on your PC or on virtualization software quick and fast. But working with Android on a PC is a bit difficult and this is only for testing android Oreo features.
Android Oreo download Link: Download Android Oreo
For more information about Android Oreo, just visit the Android-x86 website.