Since the update to MacOS Big Sur, a new startup sound has been released. This can be found here!startup sound.
- Mac Startup Sound Mp3
- Mac Os Startup Sound Download
- Mac Os Startup Sound
- Free Startup Sounds
- Macintosh Startup Sound
The “StartUp Sound” in Apple Macintosh Computers is the sound or chime which is played each time the computer is turned on. There were many startup tones introduced with time for Macintosh computers such as Happy Mac, Sad Mac, Chimes of death, etc.
The Happy Mac sound used to indicate that the Macintosh computer has successfully run the usual diagnostics and the system is running in normal conditions. Whereas, the Sad Mac or Chimes of death used to indicate a problem in the hardware. All the old versions earlier used to have different chimes. After the release of MacBook Pro 2016, these startup sounds were removed for Macintosh computers, except for MacBook Air 2017.
- Mac OS - Download free sound schemes #24846. Description: The presented sound scheme will give your Windows new sound effects, borrowing music from the operating system of the corporation Apple - macOS. Fans and owners of Apple products will be familiar.
- The Mac startup sound wasn't a $$$ marketing exercise. It was a hack that was quietly dropped into the machine by an engineer with a home studio. This mp3 famous Mac startup sound (still installed in every new Mac) was recorded Jim Reekes, and first used on the Quadra 700, which launched in.
There can be many reasons that you don’t want the startup sound every time you turn on your computer. Maybe you work late at night and don’t want the sound to disturb your family’s sleep. Or you are attending a meeting and you don’t want everyone to notice you when you turn on your computer. Or any other reason.
If you have the earlier version of Mac and you don’t want the startup sound, everytime you Turn On your Mac, then we have some easy tricks for you that you can use. You can either Mute it temporarily or permanently with these hacks.
How to Temporary Disable Mac Startup sound?
This is a temporary solution for MacBook users and a quick fix too. If you want that when you next turn on your computer you don’t want to hear the MacBook startup sound, you can just turn off the volume or turn it to the lowest level or mute it before shutting down the computer.
In this way the next time you turn on your computer you will not hear the Startup sound. But this is only a temporary fix and you will have to repeat it every time you turn off your computer. Follow the steps below to temporarily mute the startup sound.
- Press the Mute tab or F10 on the upper right corner of your MacBook.
- Icon displaying Mute will appear on the screen and it means that the volume is turned to mute.
- Click on the Apple menu on the upper left corner of the desktop screen.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Select the System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
Mac Startup Sound Mp3
- A new window will appear. Click on “Sound” on the new window.
- Turn down the Output volume and the alert volume.
If turning down the volume every time before Shutting down your MacBook is not the thing for you, or you forget to do so every time then we have another hack for you. This is known as the Auto Mute app. After installing this app you don’t need to worry about turning down your MacBook volume before turning it off. Auto Mute will automatically run and turn the volume down when you turn off your MacBook, resulting in a quiet and no sound when you turn on your MacBook next time. But this is a third party app. You can choose among any of the Auto Mute apps from the app store and try it if you wish. These apps will ensure that the sound is automatically muted every time you turn off or turn o
If you were not looking for a temporary fix like this one, you can continue to the next step to permanently disable or mute the startup sound.
Mac Os Startup Sound Download
Permanent Fix to Turn Off the Startup Sound on your Mac
The Permanent Fix ensures that if the volume of your Mac is turned to the maximum level, still you won’t hear the startup sound when you turn on your Macintosh computer. This fix is useful when you don’t want to remember to turn down your systems volume every time before you turn off your system. In the following steps, we will direct you how to use the Terminal command to permanently mute the startup sound on your Mac.
- Click on the Finder icon in the lower-left corner of the home screen.
- On the search box in the Finder window search for “Applications” and click on the “Application” folder. Drag-down to the “Utilities” folder and click on it.
- Launch the Terminal Command from the options.
- Copy and paste any of the commands from below. If one command doesn’t work use another one from the options because at times different versions of Macbook respond to different commands. So you can try for urself.
Mac Os Startup Sound
After typing any one of the commands that work for your system, you are prompted to type your system “password” and press “Enter”. This will mute your startup sounds and you will no longer be bothered by the startup noise at any time.
Free Startup Sounds
If any point you wish to enable the startup sound, you can follow the same steps and except giving the above command, you can type in the below command to enable the startup sounds.
- sudo nvram -d SystemAudioVolume
Note: If your MacBook is in Sleep or Standby mode, you will not hear the Startup sound. The Startup Sound will only be heard when the system is Turned off completely first and then Turned On.
I hope this information about how to turn off mac startup sound? helps you! For the
Macintosh Startup Sound
You may also like: