This is a simple Truck App to calculate the Weight on the Drive and Trailer Axles, when weighing on a Platform scale.
You can make a quick comparison to the allowable limits of your Truck.
- Obviously you should use a CAT Scale when available, as CAT Scales are guaranteed to be accurate.
- However, if a CAT scale is not within a reasonable distance, the Truck Axle Weights calculator will help verify your weight on your Drive and Trailer axles, reducing math errors.It works with 3 and 4 axle tractors.
- The difference will be, that the allowable weight on 3 drives or 3 Trailer axels will obviously be more than on 2 drives or 2 trailer axels.
- It does not show legal weights because legal weights depend on the distance between axles, or the manufacturer specification, which ever is lower; plus there are some grandfathered weights and the states proclivity to round up or round down.
- To calculate allowable weights, see RoadTrucker's Free App, "RT Bridge Calculator for Truckers".Note: This app is for use on Platform Scales.
- DO NOT USE ON CAT SCALES. It is NOT needed as the CAT scales will give you each axel directly, so there is nothing to calculate.
Tractor and Trailer. Here's the Screen Shots for RT Axle Weight, showing the Results from entering, 12,000 lbs for the Steer Axel; 46,000 lbs for the Tractor (Steer & Drive Axels together) and 80,000 lbs for the entire Truck & Trailer.
Notice the Steer axel does not need to be calculated, but does need to entered to calculate the Drive and Trailer axles.
Pull the Steer tires of your cab onto the Platform scale. Open the Application.
- After 1 seconds, the keyboard will come up. Input your Steer Weight from the scale. Pull your entire Tractor onto the Platform scale. Input your Tractor Weight - When selected, the App will scroll up, showing that a 3d input box is available.
Pull your entire Truck and Trailer onto the Platform scale. Input your total Truck and Trailer Weight - When selected, the App will scroll up, showing that a Calculate button is available.
Press the Calculate Button. The Truck Axle Weights calculator will show you the weight on your steer, drive and trailer axle/s.
The Steer you get directly from the scale. Press Ok to exit the box. Send us your comments / suggestions / feedback for App development. RoadTrucker Feedback Form. Note: The above App is Copyright Protected.