The Need for Hacking WiFi on PC
Internet is now a basic requirement of our daily life be it office or home. As a result, the Wi-Fi router and data connection have become a fundamental amenity for every user. People also use wireless routers in their home network to connect all devices. However, using Wi-Fi could make your network visible to the neighborhood who may want to use it for free.
Similarly, big organizations that use Wi-Fi may want to keep a check on how the network is being utilized by its employees. Although the wireless networks are secured with a password key, there are many Wifi hacking tools available that allow one to crack the password of any Wi-Fi protected with WAP, WAP2, and WPS protocol. Suggested- Best Hacking Tools For Windows 10. In this article, we provide a list of top Wi-Fi hacking tools that can crack the networks to get you access. These tools can also be used to recover the lost password of your own Wi-Fi. Top 15 Wi-Fi Hacking Tools.
Top 15 Wi-Fi Hacking Tools
Yes, it’s possible to hack WiFi using certain tools and software. You can even hack WiFi using an Android smartphone, Windows or Linux PC. However, hacking and using someone else’s WiFi connection without their consent is illegal in a wide variety of nations.
Top 5 Wi-Fi Password Crackers for Windows
- Unauthorized access to a WiFi network is considered a criminal offense in different parts of the world.
- WiFi WPS WPA Tester. Cain & Abel.
Is It Possible To Hack WiFi?
- Aircrack-ng is one of the most popular wireless passwords cracking tools, which can help you crack passwords by cracking WEP Keys of Wi-Fi 802.11b network.
- Aircrack uses the best algorithms to recover wireless passwords by capturing packets.
- Once enough packets have been gathered, it tries to recover the password.
- To make the attack faster, it implements a standard FMS attack with some optimizations.
- The company behind the tool also offers an online tutorial where you can learn how to install and use this tool to crack wireless passwords.
- It comes as Linux distribution, Live CD and VMware image options.
- You can use any of these.
Is it Illegal to Hack WIFI?
It supports most of the wireless adapters and is almost guaranteed to work. If you are using a Linux distribution, the only drawback of the tool is that it requires a deeper knowledge of Linux. When you are not comfortable with Linux, you will find it hard to use this tool. In this case, try Live CD or VMWare image. VMWare Image needs less knowledge, but it only works with a limited set of host OS, and only USB devices are supported.
Before you start using this tool, confirm that the wireless card can inject packets. Then start WEP cracking. Read the online tutorial on the website to know more about the tool. If you will follow steps properly, you will end up getting success with this tool. WPA WPS Tester is one of the most popular Wi-Fi password hacker tools known for breaking the security and works on both rooted and Android devices.
- This app tests the connection to Access Points with WPS PIN and needs Android 4.0 and up for running.
- It relies on several algorithms involving MAC addresses and the inbuilt database to calculate the pins.
- You will need root permissions to realize its full potential.
- Cain & Abel is a popular password cracking tool developed to intercept network traffic and then discover passwords by brute-forcing them using cryptanalysis attack methods.
- It can also recover wireless network keys by analyzing routing protocols.
- If you are trying to learn wireless security and password cracking, you should once try this tool.
7. WiFi Hacker Online
The last official update of the hacking tool was around seven years ago. Its active development has been stopped as the developers have moved on to other things in life.
1. AirCrack – Best WiFi Hacker for PC Running on All OSs
- Kismet is a packet sniffer, network detector and intrusion detection system for 802.11 wireless local area networks.
- It works with any Wi-Fi card, which supports rfmon mode, Bluetooth interfaces, a few of the SDR(Software Defined Radio), and other hardware like RTLDSR, along with several of the capture hardware.
- It passively collects packets to identify networks and detect hidden networks.
- It can also sniff 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n traffic.
They have also added “helper” tools that provide extra server functionality through Python scripting.