We all want to have a PS2 emulator for Android to be able to play console games from the mobile. This is something that we can already do thanks to emulators, they are software that would perform the simulation of a console. Emulators are becoming more and more popular among Android users. Being a more flexible platform allows application developers to have more freedom when creating their software adapted for devices.
The Play Station 2 became one of the best-selling and most desired consoles at the time. This causes many people to want to relive the old days playing on a Playstation 2, you can do them with a PS2 Android emulator. The PS2 was released in 2000 worldwide, you could play more than 3000 games on it. Unfortunately by the year 2013, it was discontinued, and that caused many to want to get their hands on one or play its classic games.
I will present you a list of the best PS2 emulators for Android, in the list you can find free emulators and some paid ones.
All the ones I will show you are optimized to have the best performance when playing. But remember that the fluidity with which you play will also depend on the specifications of your device.
15. ePSXe For Android
If you get to have any problem with fluidity with some of the emulators, I recommend you use a game accelerator to keep the emulator optimized.
The way the emulators are placed does not mean that one is better than another.
I recommend you to choose the one that comes closest to what you are looking for and try it, if you don’t like it try another one of the ones listed here.
- If you want to emulate PS2 on an Android device in a simple way, I recommend the PPSS2 emulator.
- This emulator allows you to experience a very real gaming experience compared to the original console.
- The controls it offers are very easy to use, so you will have no problem adapting to them.
- The user interface is very simple and you will not have any problem understanding its operation.
- It also provides us with different customization options to improve our gaming experience.
Are Emulators Illegal?
It has great compatibility with the most outstanding titles of the PS2, you can get the emulator for free. Another of its strong points is the function that allows us to change the colour of the screen. Besides being one of the first PS2 emulators designed for Android devices.
When starting the emulator we can find a tutorial on how to use the emulator, to install the emulator you need to use an APK file. An app that has stood out a lot for its great compatibility with Sony PS2 games. It is believed to have the compatibility of 90% of Play Station 2 games, and this has made it one of the best options when it comes to emulating the PS2 on Android.
Of Chinese origin, DamonPS2 is an app that allows us to play hundreds of games for free.
- They also have a paid version where it gives us a greater number of benefits, the app is available in the Play Store for you to install on your device.
- In the free version we can find some ads within the emulator, this in order to keep the app afloat, in the PRO version we will not find any ads.
- The speed provided by the app is not very fast, but it will not be noticed when playing.
An application that allows us to feel that we play on a PS2, but in our case, we do it from a cell phone. To install this emulator is necessary to do it through an APK file, these files can be found on websites of applications, remember to see that the web is trusted.
PCSX2 Emulator PS2 is one of the best PS2 emulators for Android on the market today, to install the emulator is only necessary to have Android 4.2 or higher. Of the best features that we can highlight of the emulator is the ability to adjust the video resolution and audio quality.
It is also worth mentioning that it has texture filters, a good rendering system and excellent game graphics.
- In addition to being able to play just over 1500 games that are available for the emulator.
- If you want to be able to play multiple consoles RetroArch is your best choice, you can not only play PS2, but also many other popular consoles.
Gold PS2 Emulator (Pro PPSS2 Golden)
But since we are now focusing only on Play Station 2 I will talk about its performance on the emulator. It offers good stability and speed when emulating a PS2, plus it gives us the option to download the system we want to emulate in the application. It is a completely free open-source emulator and you can find it in the Google app store so you can download it for free.
An emulator adapted for Android that offers us to play on a PSP console or a PS2 by emulating the consoles on our device. You can install it on phones, tablets or other devices that have the Android operating system.
Among the highlights of the PS2 emulator on Android is the compatibility with a large number of file formats these are some of the IMG, ISO, PBP, ZIP, MDF, CBN, BIN, 7Z, among others.
- It offers better control than other PS2 emulators. It has support for playing online from your phone and also offers good quality graphics and audio when playing with an internet connection.
- You can load and save the game state without experiencing any in-game problems.
2. DamonPS2 – Emulate PS2 on Android
Those were the best emulators that are available to play PS2 games on Android. I recommend you to try all the emulators in the list to see which one runs better on your device and no issues arise while playing. All of them have a link where you can download and install the emulator completely free.
If you do not find it in the link you can find it in the search engine, just put the name and you will have many pages that offer it. If you are interested to try playing on an Xbox from your mobile you can take a look at the best Xbox emulators for Android.
You can play thousands of console games on these emulators, remember that the fluidity of the game depends a lot on your device.
- Log into your account. Recover your password. A password will be e-mailed to you.
- Emulators are programs installed on one system that mimics or portrays the role of another system.
- Although the gaming experience won’t be the same, there are a bunch of PS emulator for Android as well as PCs and other systems that you can install and get going.
Which PS2 Emulator Is The Best?
In simple terms, the PS2 emulator for Android will mimic the gaming experience of PlayStation 2 supporting all or almost all games on an Android smartphone. These programs are made to run some or all the games you could play on PS2 although these apps have limitations.
Some emulators can run fast while others are slow but with excellent graphics and so on. If you are looking for an Android PS2 emulator, look no further as we at MashTips have curated a list of best PS2 Emulators for Android that will impress you. Regarded as the fastest PS2 emulator Android, DamonPS2 is a must-try.
The emulator can play around 90% of the total games available on PS2 while it is highly compatible with 20%.
- The app does attract ads in-between although a Pro variant will remove the ads as well as introduce several features.
- DamonPS2 offers features like multi-threading, skipping the BIOS boot game.
4. RetroArch – PS2 Emulator
It can also scale up the graphics while sustaining performance even at high-graphics.
It can also scale up the frame rate giving you an enhanced gaming experience like no other emulators. The PS2 Android emulator is regarded as the best among others and does have a Pro variant. Upgrading to Pro will bring features like memory card support, widescreen gameplay, NEON acceleration, etc. It is one of the few PS2 emulators for Android that have a paid Pro variant but that means users can literally get more or less. The app does lack a lot of features such as fast forward or frameskip where the latter is an upcoming feature. Finally, the app has some glitches during high-resolution games and can exhibit bugs with not-so-compatible games. Supports 2x~5x PS2 resolution. Gamepad and Control Mapping.
Resume & Play. Doesn’t supports skip frame.
Glitches in hi-res games. Limited graphics (non-Pro). Price: $9.15 | Contains Ads | In-app purchases | Download from Google Play Store: DamonPS2 (Free) | DamonPS2 Pro (Paid). Don’t mess with the names as the second and third Android PS2 emulator listed here may sound the same. The Golden PS2 emulator is also called Pro PS2 Emulator and has an armamentarium of features and more.
First of all, it is compatible with a majority of Android phones and doesn’t need a BIOS file.
It has high-graphics to add to its USP. It also supports multiple ROM formats so you can play a lot such as PS2 games and PSP games among others.
The emulator promises faster emulation but it depends on the system configuration of your device to you will have to bear with it. The app supports NEON acceleration, multi-threading among others that exceed its sibling emulator (on the third position).
It has a widescreen 16:9 gameplay that makes it emulate the experience of playing on a real PlayStation console. Supports multiple ROMs, systems. High-graphics & resolution. Supports NEON & multi-threading. Some glitches & bugs might pop-up.
Not available on Google Play. Price: Free | Download from APK Pure: Golden PS2 Emulator. Related: Best Nintendo 3DS Emulator for Android. It is also summoned as PPSS2 Golden so don’t get confused if the emulator is recalled using any of the monikers.