V1.4.0 is the update version of BMW Scanner. The required operating system is Windows XP. But I have hooked it up successfully on Dell 360 Windows 7 64 bit system. Following are my attempts, you can have a try.
Oct 02, 2014 1) First of all, install BMW scanner software. 2) Plug the BMW scanner V1.4.0 interface to your vehicle’s OBD2 socket after complete software installation, but do not connect it with your PC/laptop at this time. 3) Wait several seconds and plug the interface to the computer USB port.
1) First of all, install BMW scanner software
- May 15, 2021 BMW Scanner 1.2. This software can connects with car by means of any standard K-line adapter. Now it's the best software for expert analysis and storing statistical data from BMW electronic control units. BMW Scanner intended to work with BMW 3, 5, 7 series, X3, X5 SUV and Z4 roadster cars. BMW Scanner is a software developed for.
- How to install #BMWScanner 1.4 on Widows 8, #Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. Getting PA Soft BMW Scanner 1.4.0 to work on Windows 8.1 - but same install procedur.
2) Plug the BMW scanner V1.4.0 interface to your vehicle’s OBD2 socket after complete software installation, but do not connect it with your PC/laptop at this time
3) Wait several seconds and plug the interface to the computer USB port
4) Download FTDI driver on the http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm web site. It is not difficult to perform according to the window instructions.
5) A black DOS message will show up and then install the driver after downloaded it on your computer.
6) Go back to the main program, find out device manager and click BMW Scanner to select driver software you want to update.
7) Select “Browse my computer for driver software”>> “Universal serial bus controllers”>> “FTDI driver” >> “USB Serial Converter”, then accept window prompt to go on operation
8) Install the FTDI driver
9) Wait some seconds until the BMW scanner detects the software. Run software and select your options after successful install driver
Warm Prompt: You can download a secure program from Windows XP Mode, Virtual PC and Microsoft before operating.
Here is the step-by-step instruction to help out those who failed to install BMW Scanner V1.4.0 unlock (never locking) Pa-soft diagnostic software driver on Win 7 64-bit by installing BMW Scanner USB driver on Windows 7 32-bit instead.
Free download BMW scanner V1.4.0 Pa-soft
If the driver is not compatible with Windows 7 or you have not logged in as “Administrator”, latest win 7 driver can be downloaded here:
Bmw Scanner 1.4 Free Software Download
The USB driver can be installed for win7 32 bits without any issue. But for Win7 64-bit, you need to download the latest driver from www.ftdichip.com.
BMW scanner 1.4.0 USB driver on Win 7 32-bit instruction:
Bmw Scanner Software Download
1) Remember where the folder/the program is installed. This will help to tell Win 7 O/S to locate the USB driver. For example: I:3 in 1bmwscan140abmw 140 driver.
2). Click Window “Start” button and chose “Control Panel” GUI button
3) Select “System” and then “Device Manager” GUI button
4) Select “Universal Serial Bus controller”
5) Select the USB device that is labeled as “BMW Scanner”
6) Right click to invoke sub menu of the “BMW Scanner”
Select “Update Driver Software”
7) Select “Browse My Computer for Driver Software”
Click “Browse” and locate where the software folder is located. And tick “Includes subfolders” as well.
9) Locate “BMW V1.4.0 Drivers” folder and press the “OK” button.
10) Check the folder is correct and click on the “NEXT” button to install the USB driver.
11) When the system will display “The best driver software for your device is up to date” message, the BMW scanner driver is well installed on Win 7,
12) Right click on the BMW Scanner and select “Properties” to confirm “The driver is working properly”. Please ensure that you MUST have “administrator right” to install the USB driver.
13) Plug the BMW scanner 1.4 cable with vehicle via OBD diagnostic socket. The label should be facing to the door with the LED light turn ON.
If your BMW model has 22-pin diagnostic socket, you properly need another BMW 20-pin to OBD2 16-Pin Connector.