- There is a lot of CAD programs available on the market and you might be a bit lost.
- In order to make the best choice possible, you will have to ask yourself the good questions.
- You can find programs for every level of experience.
Are you a beginner, intermediate or advanced user? Some software can really be difficult to use, with a lot of different features and complex interface. Even when it comes to free CAD software, you can find really complex and technical programs. Your level of expertise will be the first criteria you will need to take into account while choosing your 3D program!
In this blog post we are going to make a selection of 3D software classified by the level of experience needed to use it: for beginners or for experienced users! If there is software for all levels of experience, there is also software for all different industries.
Free Premium CAD Software for Students
From the medical sector to architecture and fashion, you can now find dedicated software for all sectors. Indeed, each of these sectors has specified programs.
Most of the time, software targeting a specific sector aren’t free.
What’s Right for Your Business?
However, you will be able to find a free 3D modeling software with all the specific features you need for your 3D project.
How to Download and Install AutoCAD for Free
Indeed a lot of other parameters can be taken into account: Do you need parametric or direct modeling software?
A parametric modeler allows users to modify easily a design and navigate through the model history.
Would you prefer to use cloud-based software? Cloud storage could be a perfect choice if you need to improve your data management, and it is avoiding to deal with complex CAD packages.
- You will have a lot of criteria to consider while choosing your CAD programs. We are going to give you a hand with your choice, we made a selection of the best free CAD programs actually available on the market.
- Download AutoCAD by AutoDesk, a professional graphic design program that is commonly used by engineers, architects, and students.
- In addition to designing complex structures, AutoCAD also has an animation feature that gives you a complete view of the 2D and 3D designs.
- AutoCAD is not a simple software to learn, but you can find great tutorials on the Autodesk site.
- Follow the instruction below and get a free 30-day trial of AutoCAD for business professionals.
- If you’re a teacher or student with a SheerID number, AutoCAD will let you use the software for free forever.
Click on the Download button on the sidebar and a new tab will open directly to the AutoCAD free trial page. Click on the Download Free Trial button. Choose which AutoCAD you want and then press the Next button. A page with system requirements will open.
If everything looks good, click on the Next button. Select whether you’re going to use AutoCAD for business or education. If you choose for Business, you can select your preferred language and click Next. If you choose Education, you will have to verify your eligibility with a SheerID number, and then you will have unlimited free access to the software.
After you verify your status as an educator or student, click Next.
If you have an Autodesk account, you can log in now.
Otherwise, click the Create Account link.
Enter your name, a valid email address and secure password and click Create Account.
If you choose AutoCAD for business, you will have to enter your company, phone number, and country and then click the Begin Download button.
The .exe file will download to your computer. When the download is complete, open the file and the AutoCAD installation wizard will begin.
You will have to accept the License and Service Agreement and click Next.
Select the file location you want AutoCAD to download to, and click Install.
When the installation is complete, click Launch Now.
If AutoCAD isn’t the right program for you or you want to remove it after your free trial expires, you can quickly uninstall it from your computer by following these simple steps.
You can find several free AutoCAD alternatives below.