Command and Conquer Generals is one of the most iconic real-time strategy games ever created. Some players are encountering some issues when running the game on modern Windows 10 machines. The main problem with the game points to an ini file that you will need to remake. Another solution implies repairing the registry so read on to learn how to do that. Download Restoro PC Repair Tool that comes with Patented Technologies (patent available here).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems. Click Repair All to fix issues affecting your computer's security and performance .
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this month. Command and Conquer Generals is a popular real-time strategy game released back in 2003, so it’s expected to have some issues with Windows 10.
If you’re having problems with Command and Conquer Generalspan on Windows 10, you should have a closer look at our solutions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Go to the following folder: C:UsersusernameDocumentsCommand and Conquer Generals Data. Inside it create a new text file called options and paste the following into it:. AntiAliasing = 1. CampaignDifficulty = 0. DrawScrollAnchor =. FirewallBehavior = 1. FirewallNeedToRefresh = FALSE.
How can I fix Command and Conquer: Generals problems?
FirewallPortAllocationDelta = 0. GameSpyIPAddress = 10.0.0.2. IPAddress = 10.0.0.2. IdealStaticGameLOD = Low. LanguageFilter = false. MoveScrollAnchor =. MusicVolume = 0. Resolution = 1024 768. Retaliation = yes. SFX3DVolume = 79. ScrollFactor = 16. StaticGameLOD = High. UseAlternateMouse = no. UseDoubleClickAttackMove = no.
- VoiceVolume = 70. Save the file and change the extension of your file from .txt to .ini (To do this, you must enable file extensions for known type of files).
- Right-click the options.txt file and choose Rename from the list.Now rename it from options.txt to options.ini.
- Right-click the options.txt file and choose Rename from the list.
- Now rename it from options.txt to options.ini. After creating a new options.ini file you can patch the game to version 1.04 if you want.
- Try starting the game and see if it works.
One of our readers also recommended changing the resolution settings in the options.ini file but creating a new file as instructed in this step will also be able to change the resolution.