This tutorial will begin with the Tape Stop plugin already installed on your system. After you have opened your track in FL Studio, select dBlue's Tape Stop from your list of plugins. Next you want to take a look at the Tape Stop interface.
There are only three knobs on this plugin (trigger,slowdown and declick). Get dblue.TapeStop by Illformed and learn how to use the plugin with Ableton Live, Logic, GarageBand, and FL Studio for free. I have recently started using OS X as a second OS. When I used FL Studio on Windows, I used dblue TapeStop.
When I used Ableton Live on Windows, I used Gross Beat as a VST. Now, neither of these are available in OS X 64bit (dblue TapeStop is Windows 32bit only and Gross Beat is still in alpha for Mac while also being 32bit.).
And I can't seem to find any free solution, because what I'm trying to do is not possible with a simple pitch bend automation. I'm trying to tape stop echoes of a sound. I can't view these comments for a while (going to school) so I'll come back to this some hours later.
There are other “Top 5 Free VST Plugin” lists out there, but this one is dedicated to electronic music production, more specifically, in Ableton Live. Modeled after the Nord Lead 2, this synthesizer is the best free soft synth around.
Best Tape Stop VST Plugins
A perfect free alternative for someone who can’t afford some of the extra synths for Ableton Live.
- 2 Oscillators, FM modulation, ring modulation, sync, modulation envelope.
- 4 types of filters, distortion. 2 LFOs (synchronized with host).
- Arpeggiator (synchronized with host). Tempo delay (synchronized with host), stereo chorus/flanger.
- Legato mode, portamento. 16 notes polyphony. Thoroughly optimized for light CPU load using SSE instructions, etc. Download the Synth1 here:http://www.geocities.jp/daichi1969/softsynth/Synth1V108a.zip.
- Have you ever wanted to easily emulate the sound of a tape player or record player slowing down?
Now you can with the uber-simple “Tapestop” plug in. Slap it onto a single track – or your master channel – hit the stop button and listen to the sound slowly die down. Look ma, no turntable! EP(vinyl) – EP is normal mode. TD (Tape deck) – TD will back up the tape a bit when it stops.
Adjustable display:. R – reverse the button. Adjustable button:. D – Direct return to play when mouse button is released. Adjustable speed:. Select the DOWN speed by clicking on the LEFT mouse button in the speed box, then hold and drag.