- What is Samsung Magician software? If you are using a Samsung SSD, it could be a wonderful disk manager for you.
- However, if you are using a disk of other brands, some features of this application would be unavailable.
- In this case, another professional tool for disk management, MiniTool Partition Wizard, could help you.
Samsung Magician, also called Samsung SSD Magician Software, is a powerful suite of optimization tools provided by Samsung business conglomerate. The Samsung Magician software has a dark theme and it can be used to monitor drive health, customize your SSD, and maximize performance.
To help users understand the software, Samsung divides its features into three parts in the latest version: Drive Information, Drive Management, and Data Management. Let’s see what you can do with these features. In the Drive Information part, you will get a brief overview of all drives connected to your computer.
- In this screen, you can get an easy access to key indicators of your hard drive’s health along with TB Written, Temperature (whether it is normal), Benchmark results, as well as the used and free volumes of your hard drives.
- Tip: You might need to manually refresh the disk list in Drive Information for Magician to make sure that all the connected disks are detected.
- The Drive Management of Samsung Magician software can help you maintain your drive’s health and boost performance.
It contains 5 features.
- Let’s see them one by one. Drive Details: With this feature, you can learn about more detailed information about the selected disk, including Drive Health, Temperature, Serial Number, Interface, Firmware, AHCI Mode, Total Volume, and Volume Detail.
- It also includes S.M.A.R.T check which inspects your SSD and detects possible drive failure before it happens.
- Performance Benchmark: You can check the drive’s performance with Performance Benchmark.
- The testing process will take a few minutes. Please wait patiently and do not proceed with other operations during the process. In the Benchmark results, you can see the sequential/random read/write speed of the drive.
Diagnostic Scan: You can decide a partial or full scan for your hard drive to identify and fix potential problems and maintain your drive’s capabilities. Over Provisioning: This feature can help you allocate a certain capacity of the disk to available space to improve the performance and lifespan.
Performance Optimization: If you want to improve the performance of your hard drive without Over Provisioning feature, you can try Performance Optimization. It allows you to turn on RAPID mode and TRIM scheduling. Tip:RAPID refers to Real-time Accelerated Processing of I/O Data which optimizes system performance by using DRAM as a cache for storage. RAPID mode requires 1GHz or faster processor, at least 2GB DRAM, 50MB free disk space, and NTFS file system. TRIM deletes data from blocks that are no longer used to improve the performance of the storage device.
The last part of Samsung Magician is Data Management which can help you manage and protect valuable data on your disk.