High Sierra is an update of MacOS which focuses mostly on back-end developments and a higher level of user security. As such, this operating system lays a foundation for future upgrades. High Sierra emphasizes the already-existing benefits of MacOS previous system, Sierra.
There are few bells and whistles, but the changes are noticeable and positive.
The Apple file system is the most significant feature it brought. It enables the storage and encryption of a large number of files. Thus, it boosts performance and helps manage device memory issues. Apple also introduced new formats for video and photos in this version. These formats compress data - that’s a benefit as files can get huge with ever-rising resolutions.
- They added support for virtual reality headsets as well.
- Besides that, when it comes to Safari, Mac search engine, there are some notable improvements with the update.
- The users can now control annoying auto-play videos, prevent tracking, and more.
- There are also notification controls, and you will experience a boost in performance, too.
- The most noticeable changes took place in Apple’s Photo App, though.
- It went through a total revamp both visually in its interface and terms of tools and functions available.
- Many other discreet changes happened all over the system.
macOS High Sierra 10.13 ISO File for VMware Workstation, VirtualBox, ESXi, or Mac
If you’re running Sierra on your Mac, you will be able to run this one as well. Mojave, the newest version of MacOS, brought even more improved features to the table.
Download High Sierra
However, if you can’t run it on your device, this is the second best. High Sierra is not the shiniest upgrade Apple brought, but it’s one that sets the stage for new upgrades to come.
- Even out of that context, it’s a great operating system. Yes, if your device can support it.
- The new options and better security settings are worth getting. Improved storage.
- Smaller image and video sizes. Handy Safari updates. Upgraded security. Apps require updates for compatibility.
- Siri produces questionable results. In this article, we have prepared the ISO file of the High Sierra (10.13.x) version of the macOS operating system used on Mac computers so that you can perform system tests or software developments on VMware Workstation, VirtualBox, Fusion, and vSphere ESXi virtual machines on your host computers that support virtualization.
After the macOS Sierra 10.12 system, which ended its support on October 1, 2019, Apple released the macOS High Sierra 10.13 operating system on September 25, 2017. If you are using an older version of macOS, you can download the new update from the App Store on your Mac and upgrade your system to the new version.
- APFS File System. The most prominent feature of the macOS High Sierra is the newly developed APFS file system, which supports much faster file transfer.
- Thus, users can transfer data between other Mac devices faster and lighten their workload.
- When you upgrade your system from a version of macOS installed with an older file system to High Sierra, your old file system will be automatically updated to APFS.