Starting from September 20, 2017, the built-in YouTube video editor became unavailable.
- So the search query for the best free video editor for YouTube has become very popular both among the newbies and more expert vloggers alike.
- While putting this list together, I looked at all the tools you might need to create more interesting YouTube content.
- Editors' Rating (5/5) Mac OS / Windows / Linux . 720p video export to YouTube.
- A lot of visual effects.
- Multi-camera support.
- 4K for YouTube available only in Pro (paid) version.
- This is one of the free video editors for YouTube that is perfect for vloggers for many reasons.
- You can add voice directly to the chart, batch import videos, create macros and publish videos in 720p quality, using your Mac for video editing.
The user interface is quite convenient and has a wide selection of visual effects, transitions and amazing trimming tools. All of these will guarantee that every video you upload to your. YouTube channel is going to be a small masterpiece. Other features of Lightworks that I can't help mentioning are the drag-and-drop one, fit-to-fill and full-screen modes, layouts that you can customize, very precise trimming that is controlled by the keyboard, etc.
Most of these are included in the free version.
- However, the 4K video support for YouTube and Vimeo is available only if you purchase the software.
- View more in my Lightworks review.
- Editors' Rating (4.5/5) Mac OS / Windows / Linux .
- Masking for spot color correction.
- Unlimited number of video and audio tracks.
- Advanced transitions.
- Blender is more than just a cross-platform video editing software.
This free VFX software can be used for modeling, animation, rendering, VFX and game design. The number of features it has is quite impressive.
There is a preview mode, brightness signal display, a color vectorscope, histograms, audio and video effects, adjustment layers, transitions and even masking, which is not commonly found in free video editors. Sound mixing and waveform rendering give you a lot of creative freedom. The timeline allows you to add an unlimited number of video, audio and other graphic files into your projects. All this makes Blender a very flexible photo video maker great for both beginners and more experienced users. As a disadvantage, I should mention that most of the tutorials are dedicated to 3D animation/modeling.
Part 2: Filmora Video Editor - the Best Free YouTube Video Editor
Video editing resources are minimal. Check out other best free video editing software. Editors' Rating (4.5/5) Mac OS / Windows / Linux .
Top 10 Best Free Video Editors for YouTube
Creates 2/3D effects. 4 modules of UI. Advanced color correction. Color LUT support. May seem overwhelming for beginners. DaVinci Resolve from Blackmagic Design is the best free video editor for YouTube for experienced vloggers.
Write in the End
It has a lot of powerful tools and a rather steep learning curve. Resolve provides a rather simple UI that includes four high-level modules for video editing, color correction, sound reproduction, video effects and motion graphics.
Part 1: 10 Best Free Video Editing Softwares for YouTube
- It also has audio plugins and features, adjustable page title templates, search table browser, Davinci Resolve LUTs and common color nodes.
- Besides that, when using DaVinci Resolve, you will be able to create photorealistic visual 2D and 3D effects, animations and headers.
- Finally, Resolve provides you with 16 features for SEO.
- For example, you will be able to assign keywords and tags for easy sorting, which can be done both automatically and manually.
- Learn more about how you can get the full version of DaVinci Resolve free.
- Editors' Rating (4/5) Mac OS / Windows .
- Chroma key tool. Unlimited video editing tracks.
- Possibility to create your own effects.
4K export to YouTube. UI may seem cluttered. VideoPad is one of the best tools for YouTube video editing. It has a familiar timeline/storyboard workflow, which means that you can view your project linearly or each object individually no matter how long it takes.
This program can add unlimited video editing tracks, giving you the versatility you need to create complex projects. It also provides such tools as the Chroma key (for drawing various effects), a video stabilizer, and closed captions for the hearing impaired.
5 Easy Steps to Make a YouTube Video with this Top Video Editor
Besides the built-in transition effects you can insert between clips and images, you can also combine several filters to create your own effects and decide how long the transitions should last. VideoPad makes it easy to export your finished work directly to YouTube in Full HD, 2K and 4K.
- Get this video editor free for YouTube production and share your creativity with everyone.
- Editors' Rating (3.5/5) Mac OS .
- Advanced color correction tools.
- 4K 60fps video import.
- Connected with iTunes and GarageBand.
- No customizable transitions. If you are a newbie in YouTube video editing and work on macOS devices exclusively, you can try iMovie.
- Follow Clipchamp to find a good YouTube camera at an affordable price if you're just beginning your blogging career.
3. DaVinci Resolve 16
- Apple iMovie is a free editor for YouTube that has several great tools for organizing multimedia, gradation of color, speed, green-screen effects, narration and sound in your digital films.
- It supports importing/exporting videos at 4K 60fps and boasts some of the best storyboard-based movie-making tools for beginners, which are trailers and movies.
- In fact, iMovie is connected with iTunes and GarageBand, which means that you will be able to add background music.
- There are controls for the equalizer, hum suppression, voice amplification, noise reduction, as well as low and high-frequency suppression.
- As for the cons, iMovie does not offer multi-camera mode, customizable transitions and motion tracking options.
- Learn about other video editing software for Mac.
- Editors' Rating (3.5/5) Mac OS / Windows / Linux .
- Customizable video and audio filters.
#8. Shotcut--Free, open source, cross-platform video editor
Non-linear video editing. Screen recording feature. Interface needs to be improved. Shotcut proves that YouTube editors free to download and use can also be excellent tools.
#9. Adobe Premiere Pro--Video editing that’s always a cut above
It is available for Windows, Mac and Linux, and is absolutely free with no adds or embedded adware. Moreover, no features come with hidden paid access. At first glance, the UI may seem bare.
#2. Windows Movie Maker
But in reality, the tool is quite powerful and all of the video and audio filters are fully customizable. The best part is that you can add something or edit your changes at any time since Shotcut offers non-linear video editing.
#3. YouTube Video Editor
You can create several tracks for audio, video and convenient tools like Snap that allows you to easily and accurately join clips. Shotcut also has a recording feature for the users to save and edit webcam footage.
It also supports streaming in HTTP, HLS, RTMP, RTSP, MMS and UDP. View more about how to get a full version of Shotcut free. Editors' Rating (3.5/5) Windows . Screen recording feature. Export 720p directly to YouTube. Masking for spot color correction.
Recommendation: Filmora Video Editor
- Check out my HitFilm Express Review. Paid customer support.
- VSDC Free Video Editor is a convenient non-linear video editor for Windows that allows you to edit and crop videos professionally, as well as record them directly from a webcam.