The last name of the fish is based on the type, or Species, of the fish.
- Crossing different Species will likely result in the offspring being a different species than its parents.
The following is a table of the outcomes of the crosses:. The first column contains the species you want to get, the second column contains two valid parents, so do the other columns. Read from left to right.
How to get fins
The first name of the fish is based on the type of Fin the fish has.
|Body level 1||Body level 2||Body level 3||Fin level 1||Fin level 2||Fin level 3|
- Crossing fish with different fins will likely result in the offspring having a different Fin than its parents. The following is a table of the outcomes of the crosses:.
- The first column contains the fins you want to get, the second column contains two valid parents, so do the other columns.Read from left to right. Rarity is a measure of the difficulty of keeping the fish alive.
- Common fish are easy to keep alive, Uncommon fish require the player to research a higher level of Environment to keep alive, and Rare fish require even more research to keep alive.
- In the top row, the Species are listed in bold. In the left column, the Fin types are listed in bold. To determine rarity of a fish using this chart: find the Species of the Fish in the top row, then find the Fin type of the fish in the first column, then trace the down the row and across the column until they meet.
- The square where they meet will list the Rarity of the fish. The Bluetip[row2] Angelfish[column2] is RARE. The Canary[row3] Arrowfish[column3] is UNCOMMON.
The Silky[row18] Tigerfish[column22] is COMMON. The following is a table of Rarity:. Creating generations with only two parents:If you have a Spotanus and a Shark, you can create all species.
|Level 1 x Level 1||Level 1 x Level 2||Level 1 x Level 3||Level 2 x Level 2||Level 2 x Level 3||Level 3 x Level 3|
|Level 1 (3 times)||Level 3 (5 times)||Level 1 (2 times)||Level 1 (2 times)||Level 1 (2 times)||Level 1 (2 times)|
|Level 2 (3 times)||Level 2 (3 times)||Level 2 (2 times)||Level 2 (2 times)||Level 2 (3 times)|
|Level 3 (5 times)||Level 3 (5 times)||Level 3 (4 times)|
How to get species
If you have a Spined and a Silky, you can create all fin types. The first fishes starting both rows are the parents, their child is second in the top row.
|Generation 0||Generation 1||Generation 2||Generation 3||Generation 4||Generation 5|
- This fish can be crossed with the fish below it to generate the fish to the right of itAn easy method to create all fish is to first create a tank with Spotanusses with all fin types, and a tank with Sharks with all fin types, then cross them to get the all species and fin types.Read from left to right.
- Not the quickest way, but with least amount of fuss.
- From Gen2 to Gen3: +4
- From Gen3 to Gen4: +8
- From Gen4 to Gen5: +4
Thus having 19 different fin; adding the 2 initial types (Silky and Twin-Fin) gives the 21 total fin discoverable.
The same schema applies to body types.