FL Studio Mobile is a portable digital audio workstation (DAW) that turns your Android device into a mobile music studio. Although it lacks the full functionality of the desktop version of FL Studio, you can still create multitrack songs, apply effects and automation, import your own audio, and much more.
As popular as music creation apps like GarageBand are, they often lack the features of a dedicated DAW like Logic or FL Studio. Some mobile music software, such as BandLab, comes close, but if you’re serious about producing songs on the go, FL Studio Mobile is the app you’re searching for. FL Studio is a reputable desktop DAW with a ton of functionality.
It’s also expensive, especially if you buy the complete version. FL Studio Mobile offers a pocket-sized alternative that still packs a punch, feature-wise, for a fraction of the desktop version’s cost. The app comes preloaded with a range of virtual instruments, including GMS (Groove Machine Synth), Drum Sampler, Transistor Bass, SuperSaw, and MiniSynth.
Each of these also comes with a wide selection of sounds to tweak and modify however you like.
Mobile music creation app
There’s an official store you can access from the app, but there’s no real need to use it as it’s easy to add your own samples/audio and import them into a song. Effects-wise, the app includes over 15 plug-ins, from distortion to bandpass filters and compressors to equalizers.
You’re free to mix, match and tweak the settings for these too. The app also comes with DirectWave capabilities. This is a virtual synthesizer that lets you compile sounds (and attached effects) from other software (e.g., FL Studio) to use in the mobile app. This way, you can continue working between DAWs without the need to install expensive software.
There’s definitely a learning curve, but its steepness depends on your familiarity with music creation software. FL Studio Mobile’s playlist can be zoomed in and out, and new audio tracks can be added with a couple of clicks. Almost every control can be automated, too, allowing even greater flexibility.
It has a massive amount of features for a reasonable price. Add your own sample packs. Record audio directly into the app. DirectWave capability. Plenty of audio options for serious producers. FL Studio Mobile is a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) accessible on the Google Play Store for Android devices.
Developed by Image-Line, FL Studio Mobile provides the tools to create high-quality music productions on the go. Users can also benefit from a desktop plug-in, enabling you to continue on your work when you're back home. FL Studio Mobile is an excellent professional option for music makers and creators alike. If it seems like it can't handle what you require from a DAW, you can try similar Android options like n-Track Studio 8 or Stagelight Audio.
A digital audio workstation in your hands
Formerly known as Fruity Loops, FL Studio is one of the more well-known DAWs on the market. Beatmakers and music producers have been leveraging the desktop version of FL for numerous years. FL Studio Mobile condenses the plethora of tools available on the desktop version down into an easy-to-use interface on your mobile device.
FL Studio isn't cheap. It's actually on the expensive side as far as phone apps are concerned. We were worried about this price tag, alongside in-app purchases, which we'll talk about later. FL Studio allows you to play directly on a virtual piano to perform a sequence or add that sequence step by step, and this includes using other instruments and drum machines.
You can then apply Reverb, various EQ options, filters, and more to your newly created track to get the desired effect. Understanding the sequencer is the main hurdle standing in the way of creating an impressive track. Once understood, putting a song together is straightforward.
You can then export your masterpiece as an m4a or wavfile for immediate playback, or you can choose to export it as a midifile if you want to carry it over and import it to your desktop for further modification.
We don't suspect that the FL Studio's interface will be difficult to understand for veteran music producers, yet, newcomers may struggle initially. FL Studio models a significant portion of its UI after its real-world analog counterparts, creating instantly recognizable sections. The modern, clutter-free look greatly aids ease of use as options are quick to find, and the workspace never feels overwhelming.
That said, getting used to running a DAW on mobile can be unwieldy until you're used to the smaller workspace, which is especially true if you're working with a device that has a smaller screen than newer phone models.
New users to FL Studio may need to spend an hour getting to grips with the interface and learning what tools are at their disposal. We did notice one or two times that features aren't easily accessible if you don't know where to look for them. The main UI view does a great job at giving you overall access to all the essential features the DAW has to offer, but there is only a limited amount of space available.
Meaning, you often have to click some track options to open entirely new ones that give you different settings you can alter. Aside from various setting placements, FL Studio has a sleek, modern-lookinginterface that features relatively good-sized buttons, high contrasting colors to keep your sequence in perspective, and an accessible button layout.
FL Studio Mobile features
Colors appear bright but are 'muted' in the sense that they aren't overtly blinding or as if you were managing a rainbow instead of a DAW. Interface and accessibility are great to dive into when first using, but the real reason you continued using a DAW is for the sound options available. Users have over 50 synthesizer voices at their disposal, including a solid amount of drum machine-specific sound packs.
The FL Mobile secret weapon
We were pleasantly surprised by the instrument selection FL Studio offers, with over 20 instruments. Equally surprising is how high-quality these instrument sounds are, all utterly void of digital noise, static, or quality drop-offs. Unfortunately, this DAW doesn't allow you to edit these existing sounds and instead requires you to use them as they come.
Having a limiting sound library might not appear that limiting at first, especially since you are given a decent amount of options. Still, the problem is that you can quickly exhaust the uniqueness of the sounds you have available.
- Then suddenly, each piece of music you create slowly begins to sound alike, which brings us back to our original point about in-app purchases.
- FL Studio offers in-app purchases that enable you to buy new sounds to use.
- While it is a great option for producers with the additional income to splash around on new packs, it clarifies why the DAW prevents sound editing.
- If you're aware of what sounds you need, a quick one-time purchase isn't as bad.
- But if you're looking for additional sounds, you'll be paying more, including what you paid for the app.
- The general userbase of FL studio seems torn on the app. On the one hand, people praise the app for its accessible interface and easy-to-use design.
- In contrast, others immediately recommend other options due to the lack of available sound packs with the core experience.
- It's recommended to look at some user reviews yourself.
- If you're curious on which side of the audience you sit, it will largely depend on your own experience with DAW's in general.
- FL Studio certainly provides ample opportunity and the tools required to create a great music track.
- Producers and experienced users will acclimate with the interface, buttons, and options reasonably quickly and start building their next masterpiece.
- Due to the price tag and limitations on available sounds, it's not a bad idea to consider what level of complexity your projects require.
If complex sounds are necessary, FL Studio may not provide what you need.
Similarly, there is no demo version, so understanding the app's limitations is crucial before investing.
- Download the zip file from the free download page and extract the zip file.
- If you have any other version of FL Studio Mobile already installed on your smartphone, then uninstall it.
- Open the file manager app and navigate the downloaded folder there. After that, click on the FL Studio Mobile APK installer folder that you have downloaded and extracted.
If this is your first time installing an APK folder, then your device may show a warning like this:
“For your security, your device is not allowed to install unknown apps from this source.”
- If this happens, then go to “Settings” and then turn on “Allow from this source” option in there. However, if you have installed APK files before and the mentioned warning doesn’t appear, then simply skip the step.
- After that, go back and install the APK file again. Since you turned on the ‘Allow’ option, this time, it will install without a problem.
- So, after installing it, open the FL Studio Mobile installer and grant the “Read and write SD card” permission.
- Now tap on the install button and then the “Allow from this source” option.
- After that, go back and tap on the install button again. But this time, it will copy the files and ask you to install FL Studio Mobile.
- At last, click on the install button and finally complete the installation process.
Note: You must uninstall any previously installed version of FL Studio Mobile to install this new one. Or else, it may show “Application not installed.”
DAW at your fingertips
- Is FL Studio Mobile APK download actually free?
Answer: Yes, it is. If you download the APK file from a trusted source, then FL Studio Mobile APK is actually free to download. You can simply go to the download page of the trusted source, download the apk file, and install it on your smartphone. No additional charges will be applied for installing the free download.
- Is FL Studio Mobile APK safe to download for free?
Answer: Yes, it is safe to download. If you download it from a trusted source, it is 100% safe to download for free. A genuine download page provides direct access to download FL Studio Mobile APK. Any survey or junky ads isn’t served to you on a genuine site.
- Does FL Studio Mobile APK actually work?
Answer: If you install the apk file from a genuine site, then it will work. Also, trusted and genuine sites always test their APKs before uploading them to their sites. However, if your device doesn’t meet the minimum requirements, it may crash while the application runs. But it doesn’t mean that the APK file has bugs in it. So, upgrade your device configuration to see the stable results of the application.
- How to install FL Studio Mobile APK?
Answer: Installing APK is straightforward. First, go to the download page and download the APK file. After that, follow the steps one by one mentioned in the article.
- Can I download on iPhone and iPad?
Answer: No, you can’t. The FL Studio Mobile app are built only for Android devices. So, it will not work on iPhone or iPad.
Getting to know your DAW
FL Studio Mobile APK is excellent for creating your own flavor of music. You can learn and create music even without having any special knowledge of it. If you’re a music enthusiast and want to create your own music without any cost, then this free apk download will definitely help you. It will provide you all the premium features like the original app and help you create your own masterpiece music.