Wouldn’t it be nice if you could get a free CPA questions? Or even free CPA study materials?
Good news: You can! It might be hard to believe, but some industry sources provide free CPA review, free CPA Exam questions, and more to everyone with internet access.
Below, you’ll find a list of the free CPA review questions and resources I’ve discovered and used. Also, I’ll share where to find the AICPA practice exam and other CPA review for free.
While you don’t have to pay money for these CPA prep questions, you may have to supply information and live with various limitations. If you’re looking for free questions and answers for exams to study for your CPA license, the internet has some good sources.
I Pass the CPA Exam Free CPA Exam Examples
Basically, the practice CPA Exam questions and answers available for free online fall into these basic categories:. CPA Exam problems, free sample tests, and other free material from the AICPA.
Free exam prep from IPassTheCPAExam.com. We have two free CPA Exam resources: a CPA Exam Guide for CPA candidates and free CPA Exam questions (in the article below).
Plus, many CPA Exam review providers have free trials that offer financial accounting exam questions and explanations.
Saving Time and Money with a CPA Review Course
*MCQ = multiple-choice questions, TBS = task-based simulations, and WC = written communications. As the makers of the CPA Exam, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) has created a free CPA Exam tutorial and sample tests.
In my opinion, this resource is a must-try for all CPA Exam candidates.
The tutorial is a video about the CPA Exam form and functionality, but it doesn’t include free CPA questions.
Sections of the CPA
Instead, this short video (6.5 minutes) walks you through the exam experience.
Sources of Free CPA Questions
Also, it discusses how to use Microsoft Excel, the Authoritative Literature, and the cut, copy, paste, and highlight functions on the exam.
AICPA Practice Exam
Finally, the video explains the exhibits and offers additional resources. The CPA Exam does not use complicated software. But still, I recommend reviewing the AICPA’s tutorial before your exam.
CPA Exam Discounts
After all, it will save you from any surprises on the big exam day. Even if you download a CPA sample test PDF online, a PDF isn’t going to give you a feel for the software that the exam uses.
But the tutorial from the AICPA will help. Additionally, the AICPA has created a sample test for each CPA Exam section. And in these sample tests, of course, you’ll find free CPA questions. Click on the following links for these CPA foundation level practice exams:. In essence, the AICPA tests recreate the Prometric testing experience and exam screens as much as possible.
Therefore, you can use them to answer free CPA review questions and familiarize yourself with the exam’s functionality. Consequently, each AICPA sample test also works as a free CPA practice test.
CPA Practice Exam
Each answer explanation links to a specific AICPA Blueprint, which outlines the exam topics. So, for example, the CPA audit exam questions and answers for the sample AUD TBSs will include a brief explanation and a note about which AUD blueprint topic the simulation tests. Similarly, the simulations for the CPA financial accounting and reporting sample questions are referenced to the FAR Blueprints, and so on. Finally, for candidates who struggle with the written communications, the WC test answers on the sample BEC exam are especially helpful.
However, you should note that you won’t find a free sample ethics test or questions and answers to the AICPA ethics exam. Since not all jurisdictions require an ethics exam, the AICPA does not include a sample. First of all, the AICPA mock exam is an excellent tool. Second, the opportunity to interact with the most realistic replica of the CPA Exam available is invaluable.
So, you should probably work through the AICPA’s tutorial and sample tests both at the start of your CPA journey and before you sit for a particular exam section.
How Do I Practice To Take the CPA Exam?
This way, you can get a quick introduction to the CPA Exam and know what you’re getting into before you even apply. You can acquaint yourself with the look and layout of the exam in the last few days before your testing appointment. I’ve created two resources for my readers: a CPA Exam Guide (100+ pages of tips & tricks) and free CPA Exam examples. In my CPA Exam guide, I’ll cover topics like:. First, the difficulty of the CPA Exam and strategies to getting a higher score.
Final Thoughts on CPA TEST Questions
Second, advice for navigating the CPA licensing requirements. Plus, the best way to study for the audit CPA Exam and other CPA audit study notes. How to study for the AICPA FAR Blueprint topics. The CPA BEC pass rate and how to improve your BEC score. Proven strategies for conquering the REG section and other notes to help you create a CPA REG study guide. Additionally, lots of other information to help you pass the CPA Exam on your first time.
CPA Questions - Formulas You Should Know
Ready to skip the piecemeal approach and start studying using a comprehensive course? These are the best options. Did you know that many of the best CPA Exam review courses have free trials or offer other free materials to help you study? So, I suggest you use these free trials in two ways. First, sign up for free trials to review each provider’s content and platform. Also, you’re looking for more than just CPA Board Exam questions and answers.
CPA Exam Questions - Flashcard Format
You’re looking for a review course that will help you study. Therefore, find a course that meets your learning style. Do you like to listen to lectures? Then find a course with audio lessons. Or do you prefer to highlight textbooks and drill questions with flashcards?
In that case, go with a review provider who offers hard copies of their materials. Also, the best review courses help you learn by linking questions and answers to study material.
Free CPA Exam Questions = Free CPA Review?
For example, a sample multiple-choice question could be linked to a CPA taxation notes PDF.
- So, as you can see, you can really get a lot of great study material in a free trial of a CPA Exam review course. Secondly, after you’ve already picked a review course, I suggest supplementing your course with these other free CPA questions.
- That way, you’ll have access to even more CPA questions and financial accounting sample exam problems. In the section below, you can find information about some good free trials to check out. Also, I’ve outlined the pros and cons of Becker CPA too.
- Becker is currently the largest provider of CPA Exam review in the US. The company is well-known for its video lectures, SkillMaster videos, and close relationship with the Big 4 accounting firms. Becker has a free trial for 14 days that comes with limited access to its study materials.
- Once you sign up, you get access to two full learning units per CPA Exam section, including 31 hours of lectures; 1,490+ MCQs; about 100 task-based simulations and SkillMaster videos; unlimited practice tests; and digital flashcards. Gleim CPA Review has been providing test prep materials for decades. The Gleim courses are designed to maximize your study time while sharpening your analysis, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
If you want to know more about Gleim CPA Review, read my full-length review. You’ll find a link to Gleim discounts, too. Although you have to register to receive them, Gleim offers a set of free CPA questions that simulate the real exam.
This mock exam, which you can only take online once, includes 276 MCQs and 28 TBSs, all with explanations for both the correct and incorrect answers.
CPA REVIEW COURSES
Since the practice test is online, you can save your progress and return later if you don’t finish in one sitting.
Consequently, Gleim breaks down your MCQ score by topic to help you focus your studies on your weak content areas.
- Lambers has created 1,000 CPA prep questions to test your CPA Exam knowledge. These questions are free and also include answer explanations. What’s more, some questions also include video explanations too.
- Lambers includes questions for four sections: AUD, BEC, FAR, and REG. Also, the adaptive learning environment allows you to apply your CPA Exam knowledge efficiently. Over time, you should see your weak areas improve, and your scores increase.
Surgent created its CPA Exam review products to help candidates study effectively and more efficiently.
Moreover, Surgent uses a proprietary platform, A.S.A.P. Adaptive Learning Technology, that identifies your weaknesses and encourages you only to study what you don’t know.
If you search for Surgent CPA Review on Reddit, you’ll see that candidates are generally pleased with their experiences with Surgent.
Surgent offers a free trial for 5 days. Their courses come with 7,700+ MCQs and 400 TBSs, so you’ll get access to lots of extra free CPA questions. NINJA CPA Review takes a different approach to studying for the CPA Exam.
The system uses “weapons” like MCQs and engaging lectures to build up your accounting skill. Also, NINJA CPA is popular with candidates because the materials are comprehensive yet easy to understand. Most importantly, NINJA CPA review is one of the more affordable providers of CPA review on the market.
NINJA CPA has a free trial that gives you access to their material for one CPA exam section for 7 days.
For example, you’ll get a free study planner, audio lectures, free CPA questions (both MCQs and TBSs), and other weapons. Roger CPA Review also allows you to try out one of its course packages with a demo that includes free CPA questions. Roger’s courses come with access to over 6,000 practice questions, so this demo is another good source of sample CPA Exam questions.
Roger encourages active learning and includes explanations with illustrations to all sample questions. In addition, you’ll also be able to watch 100+ hours of Roger’s famous CPA lectures from within the course.
The free trial of Roger CPA Review lasts for 2 days and gives you complete freedom within the course during this period. If you’re interested in Roger, I recommend checking out the trial and my evaluation of Roger CPA Review. If you discover that Roger is the right course for you, you can also save up to 50% on the Elite course with my special Roger CPA Review discount.
What’s the Lowest CPA Exam Score?
Wiley lets you test out both their CPAexcel course and their CPA test bank for free. Wiley CPA Review is a fully integrated course that presents all of the CPA Exam content in bite-sized lessons so you can study at your own pace.
In addition, with the 14-day free trial of Wiley CPAexcel, you can view the Wiley videos, which are both entertaining and informative.
If you’re not ready for the full 14-day trial, Wiley CPAexcel also has a free CPA Exam pop quiz. The AICPA released some of the free CPA questions, while Wiley’s expert authors wrote others. You’ll find 100 questions that cover all four sections of the CPA Exam. Further, all answers include explanations. As you can see from my evaluation of Wiley CPAexcel, it is a course worth considering.
What are the CPA Exam Pretest Questions?
And I also have an awesome discount you can use to save on your Wiley CPA review course. The New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants, or NJCPA, has some publicly available CPA resources and free CPA questions. In addition to career advice and guidance for passing the CPA Exam, NJCPA has free CPA Exam sample questions provided by Roger/U-World.
- However, they don’t include any CPA Exam practice simulations.
- Consequently, you can get 96 MCQs with explanations.
- The website CPAReviewForFree offers both samples question and CPA simulations free.
You’ll find 1,000 questions written by CPA expert Joe Hoyle, who is also an award-winning professor. Most importantly, the website includes all answer explanations. However, you should note that the site pushes a paid product, and you must register your contact information to receive the free CPA questions.
- The Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants, or MOCPA, has 140 free MCQs available online. The AICPA previously released all questions.
- But, the AICPA does not include answers to these free CPA questions. Are you familiar with quizlet.com? From this site, you can access flashcards for thousands of topics, including the CPA Exam.
- And it’s all free, including some free CPA questions. Check them out:. BEC Flashcards: 157 flashcards broadly related to the BEC section of the CPA Exam. AUD Flashcards: A glossary of 78 terms that will help you study for the CPA audit exam questions.
2. Free Resources for I Pass the CPA Exam Readers
REG Flashcards: Although they aren’t quite equivalent to a REG practice exam, you can access 260 free REG flashcards. FAR Flashcards: You’ll find CPA free review of financial accounting and reporting concepts covered in 2017 flashcards. NASBA, the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy, works with the AICPA and Prometric to administer the CPA Exam.
Although NASBA doesn’t create the exam or the questions, the organization does have some free material you should review.
The NASBA Candidate Bulletin is a must-read before you apply to take the CPA Exam. To clarify, it doesn’t include any free CPA questions, but it does give advice on how to prep for the exam and schedule your test when you’re ready. Finally, I’m going to recommend that you check out the Reddit CPA Exam Resources forum.
- You might not find free CPA questions on Reddit.
- However, you’ll find reviews about course providers, tips for passing certain sections, and inspiration to help you keep going.
- Stephanie Ng and the team at I Pass the CPA Exam authored all of the free CPA questions below.
- And as such, I Pass the CPA Exam owns the copyright.
- Therefore, please do not distribute or copy these questions.
- Want to share them with your friends?
What’s the hardest CPA exam?
Just send them this link! Foreign currency translation gains and losses are recognized in other comprehensive income under GAAP. Motley Corporation must recognize the gain from foreign currency translation less taxes [$60,000 * (1 – .30)] = $42,000.
Foreign currency translation adjustments remain a part of other comprehensive income until the investment that created the adjustment is sold or liquidated. Identifiable assets of the segment represent more than 10% of the total assets of all the corporation’s operating segments.
BEC CPA Exam
The segment’s total revenue represents more than 10% of the total revenue of all the corporation’s operating segments. The segment’s liabilities represent more than 10% of the total liabilities of all the corporation’s operating segments.
A segment must be disclosed in a corporation’s financial statements if it meets the 10% threshold test. If a segment’s assets exceed 10% of the combined assets of all operating segments, then it must be disclosed.
If a segment’s revenues generated from external sales and internal sales (or intersegment sales) exceed 10% of the combined assets of all revenue segments, then it must be disclosed. This test does not apply to a segment’s liabilities. Therefore, it does not require disclosure.
A loss must be recognized if it is probable and can be reasonably estimated. If the estimation of this loss is a range and all amounts within the range are equally probable, then the minimum amount must be recognized on the balance sheet.
- Link Company’s loss is probable, and the loss is reasonably estimated to be between $500,000 and $750,000. Therefore, the amount recognized should be the minimum $500,000 amount.
- Both Farley and August. Charleston should use the fair value method to account for its investment in August, Co. The percentage of common stock that the company owns determines the method used to account for investments. Because the ownership percentage in August, Co.
- is less than 20%, Charleston should use the fair value method. Because the ownership percentage in Farley, Co. is between 20% and 50%, Charleston would use the equity method. As a $300,000 debit to prepaid rent and a $300,000 credit to rent expense.
- As a $100,000 debit to rent expense and a $100,000 credit to prepaid rent. As a $300,000 debit to rent expense and a $100,000 credit to retained earnings. As a $100,000 debit to rent expense and a $100,000 credit to prepaid rent. For Durango to properly report the transaction on an accrual basis, the company must recognize the rent expense only when incurred.
- At the end of Year 2, Durango incurred rent expense for one out of four years of the $400,000 agreement, resulting in a debit to rent expense of $100,000. When Durango converted from cash to accrual, they would have recorded a balance of $300,000 within their prepaid rent account as a result of the 3 out of 4 years remaining within the rental policy that was paid for during Year 1.
As such, Durango will recognize $100,000 as an expense and $100,000 as a decrease to the prepaid rent account. Ownership of the asset is not transferred to the lessee at the end of the lease term.
The term of the lease represents 20% of the major economic life of the asset. The lessee has a written bargain purchase option for the asset and is reasonably expected to exercise it. The asset has alternative purposes for the lessor at the end of the lease term and is not specialized for the lessor.
A lease will be considered a sales-type lease by the lessor and a finance lease by the lessee if ownership is reasonably expected to be in control of the asset at the end of the term. Answer A is incorrect because the lessee will not own the asset; therefore, they will have no control.
Answer B is incorrect because the lease term must represent a major portion of the asset’s economic life to assume control.