GarageBand turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ.
Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks.
Use the Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs created by some of the biggest producers in the world. And then share your song with friends and family.Live Loops. • Stability improvements and bug fixes• Contains multiple enhancements to Accessibility.
I like this app a lot and I honestly think that once I get better at producing music, that this could be a go to for me until I get to a professional stage in my career.
The only problem is that there aren’t a lot of sound packs to choose from and it kind of gets boring after a while hearing the same sounds over and over again in almost all of your songs. So I think there should be more sound packs to choose from and that there should be more loops as well cause anytime I look through there it’s always very repetitive and boring. I also think there should be a quick tutorial cause I’ve had a lot of friends delete this app just because it was hard to navigate through and figure out what was what and where they could edit certain loops or some of their own samples at. It doesn’t have to be suuuper long but it should just go over the basic aspects of the app and where everything is at so that it’s easier for new producers to find stuff. Overall I’d recommend downloading this app cause it’s worth the while (at least until it gets old and boring but I still get on sometimes) I almost forgot to add that I also think it’d be a nice feature if you were to add a hidden loops list where you can remove loops from the general list and specific genres and things so that whenever you’re looking for some good loops you don’t come across the ones you know you’ll never use or just don’t vibe with.
This is a fabulous app that is an absolute Must for writers/arrangers who get stuck alone (not good) at airports, parking lots, Etc .The sounds are absolutely fabulous! I could pick nits and say that on cannot press the drum-stick into the drumhead depressing just enough to tighten the next strike to a different semi-tone ..
It is great for mapping out numerous tracks of a song in your head with symphonic strings or Japanese instruments (of which I had never heard) but which sound very Celtic. It is a candy store with invisible, one -way lids: they keep the candy clean but you can reach right through and grab whatever you need for the next part of your song!It is absolutely almost all of the “Jetson-type“ musical things about which I dreamt as a child.
- Everything for a complete rainy afternoon at my fingertips!
- If you can imagine it, most likely you can write it on this with the use of myriad tools. It’s learning curve is practically idiot proof – as attested to buy my ability to use it with such ease.
- Get this wonderful app and open up all the windows you can find As You Need and use them: choose a few at the beginning and find out how incredibly wonderful it is as you add on to your knowledge and your abilities.
- I am waiting to hear that someone has used this for an entire movie score .. it will not be long in coming – if it hasn’t already happened!Thank you for presenting this app to all of us to use it!
- It is almost God-given! Allow me to start by saying that I’ve been using GarageBand for 3+ years and it is beyond comparison.
- Out of hundreds of apps on the App Store, it is by far the most user friendly I have ever been able to use.
- As somebody who was teaching themselves how to write music, the interface is almost always very helpful and easy to understand, even if you aren’t very knowledgeable of music in the classical sense.
- Although not everything about it is completely obvious, it is absolutely worth it to spend time playing around with and discovering new tricks and settings, that aid or streamline the music writing process.
That being said, if there is anything about GarageBand that I don’t like, it is the sustain pedal glitch. It’s the only thing I would consider to be a flaw that truly compromises the effectiveness of the app.
When adding/deleting/edited the lengths of sustains on music (particularly piano, as that is what I work with most often), I’ve frequently ran into a myriad of recurring issues; sometimes a sustain will still play even after it’s been deleted, or after shortening a sustain pedal it will still play at its original length.
All in all, however much I dislike the issues with the usage of the sustain pedal feature, any grievance I have with that is dwarfed by my admiration of this app and my appreciation of the undoubtably talented people who put energy into making music so easy.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
- Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
- Is a popular music making software GarageBand online free used by both amateurs and professionals around the world.
- The app is very easy to operate and is especially good for those who are looking to make music without having to use a lot of expensive equipment.
- Has a large library of sounds and loops to choose from and a wide variety of instruments to play with.
- Is a powerful music-creation application GarageBand Mac OS X that lets anyone with a Mac and a little imagination create songs in a variety of styles with professional results.