Find your Garmin nüvi on the EasyGPS Compatibility List:
Users of Garmin Nuvi GPS sat navs will be familiar with the occasional errors when they come across a road that their GPS doesn’t recognize, or even sometimes when a road has completely disappeared.
nuvi 40 and 50 (GCD file)
Getting lose is never fun, but the easy answer is to look for a Garmin GPS free maps download.
- A free Garmin map update is easy enough to find and am I going to tell you how. Getting a Garmin GPS Free Maps Download.
- Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need to download a hacked or unofficial map to get free map data on your Garmin Nuvi GPS.
I agree to the above terms and want to proceed to the download page.
- Garmin actually release free map updates themselves to their customer base, and downloading one is relatively straight forward.
- Knowing how to update Garmin Nuvi products is very easy and all the instructions to do so are on the Garmin website.
- Here’s how it all works in more detail. Downloading Free Garmin GPS Maps.
- Firstly go to the Garmin website and access their mapping section.
Software License Agreement
- On there you will need to select the nuMaps Guarantee option.
- Be aware though that not every customer can get free Garmin GPS maps, and some certain criteria needs to be fulfilled.
- This tends to change quite regularly so we can’t go into all the rules here so make sure you check the website for yourself.
- What else do I need to get a free Garmin map update? When you first open your Garmin Nuvi GPS there should be a USB cable inside the box.
- As long as you still have this and your serial number then you are ready to go.
- It goes without saying that an Internet connection and a Mac or PC are also required.
Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.70:
- The map download instructions are really easy to understand and will be on screen.
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.60:
- If you get stuck Garmin have a very good Support section also online, plus telephone numbers that you can call for some help and assistance.
- Is it worth download free Garmin GPS maps? Yes every time.
- Without the latest maps on your Garmin Nuvi you run the risk of getting lose and never getting anywhere on time.
- We would always recommend that you download a new map as often as you can do that you have the most up to date directions and points of interest.
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:
- You can use Garmin Express™ software to download and install the latest map and software updates for your device.
- Map updates provide the latest available mapping data to ensure your device continues to calculate accurate and efficient routes to your destinations.
- Garmin Express is available for Windows® and Mac® computers.
- On your computer, go to www.garmin.com/express. Select an option: To install on a Windows computer, select Download for Windows.
- To install on a Mac computer, select Mac Version. To install on a Windows computer, select Download for Windows.
- To install on a Mac computer, select Mac Version.
- Open the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Start Garmin Express. Enter an email address for product registration (optional).
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.40:
- Click save device. A list of available map and software updates appears.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 3.10:
- Select the updates to install. Click Install Now.
- The Garmin Express software downloads and installs the updates onto your device.
- Map updates are very large, and this process may take a long time on slower Internet connections.
- This download area offers free firmware upgrades for select Garmin® units.
- These upgrades are specific to the specific GPS units and software versions listed.
- This software should only be uploaded to the unit for which it is intended.
- If this software is uploaded to a GPS unit other than the product it is designed for, it will render the unit inoperative.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- If the software upload fails, and subsequent upload attempts prove unsuccessful, the unit may need to be returned to Garmin for service.
- By downloading, installing, or using this software, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the following license agreement.
- Please read this agreement carefully. Garmin Corporation ("Garmin") grants you a limited, non-exclusive license to use the upgrade software ("Software") in binary executable form in the normal operation of the applicable Garmin products.
- Title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in and to the Software remain in Garmin.
- This license is personal to you and you may make copies of the software only for your personal use.
- You agree that this license agreement does not need to be signed for it to take effect.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.60:
- The software is provided on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind — either expressed or implied — including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Garmin does not warrant the performance of the software or that the software will meet your requirements or operate error free.
- You acknowledge that this Software is the property of Garmin and is protected under United States of America copyright laws and international copyright treaties.
- You further acknowledge that the structure, organization, and code of the Software are valuable trade secrets of Garmin and that the Software in source code form remains a valuable trade secret of Garmin.
- You agree not to decompile, disassemble, modify, reverse assemble, reverse engineer, or reduce to human readable form the Software or any part thereof or create any derivative works based on the Software.
- You agree not to export or re-export the Software to any country in violation of the export control laws of the United States of America.
- EasyGPS is the fast and easy way to upload and download geocaches, addresses, waypoints, routes, and tracks between your Windows computer and your Garmin nüvi GPS.
- Use EasyGPS to back up and organize your GPS data, print maps, or load new waypoints onto your GPS for your next hike or geocaching adventure.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- EasyGPS works with every popular handheld GPS receiver, and it is 100% FREE!
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- EasyGPS runs on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, and 7. New features were added to EasyGPS 8.07 on March 1, 2022 .
- nüvi 200 series. nüvi 300 series.
- nüvi 400 series. nüvi 500 series.
- nüvi 600 series. nüvi 700 series. nüvi 800 series.
- nüvi 900 series. nüvi 1100 series. nüvi 1200 series. nüvi 1300 series. nüvi 1400 series.
- nüvi 1600 series. nüvi 2200 series. nüvi 2300 series. nüvi 2400 series. nüvi 2500 series. nüvi 2600 series.