ok here are my thoughts: first off the online pass was expired no big loss though.the story is hardly there, its pretty much a throwaway tale anyway. the game is super short i beat it the day after i bought it. that said its a entertaining game though it has flaws.mainly i got sick of the "kratos on ice"sliding sections because of the cheap deaths.overall its a decent game for gow fans. edit ok i forgot some stufffirst of all, i dont have a fancy 50 foot tv with 20k that makes toast or what not. that said,the picture was EXTREMELY off center to the point i had to immediately go to options and recenter it.
it was so far to the left i couldnt even see what my cursor was pointing to and text was cut off.
- once that was fixed no issues.
- also i didnt care for the control changes but again once i got used to holding square instead of block and square i was good to go.
- The current Norse-inspired logo of the franchise, introduced in 2016.
- Santa Monica Studio[a]. Ready at Dawn[b]. Bluepoint Games[d]. Ready at Dawn[e]. Sanzaru Games[f].
- Wholesale Algorithms[g]. Jetpack Interactive[h]. Sony Interactive Entertainment[i].
God of War Game Series in Release Order
Sony Pictures Digital[j]. God of War is an action-adventure game franchise created by David Jaffe at Sony's Santa Monica Studio.
- It began in 2005 on the PlayStation 2 (PS2) video game console, and has become a flagship title for the PlayStation brand, consisting of ten games across multiple platforms with an eleventh currently in development.
- Based in ancient mythology, the story follows the titularprotagonist, Kratos, a Spartan warrior and later the God of War, who was tricked into killing his family by his former master, the original Greek god of war Ares.
- This sets off a series of events that leads to wars with the mythological pantheons.
- The Greek mythology era of the series sees Kratos follow a path of vengeance due to the machinations of the Olympian gods, while the Norse mythology era, which introduces his son Atreus as a secondary protagonist, shows an older Kratos on a path of redemption, which inadvertently brings the two into conflict with the Norse gods.
- Santa Monica has developed all main entries, while Ready at Dawn and Javaground/Sony Online Entertainment-Los Angeles (SOE-LA) developed the three side games.
- Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) has published all games except the mobile phone installment, which was published by Sony Pictures Digital.
- The first seven games make up the Greek era of the franchise.
- God of War (2005), God of War II (2007), and God of War III (2010) comprise its main trilogy; the first two were released on the PS2 with the third on the PlayStation 3 (PS3).
- A prequel, Ascension (2013), was also released for the PS3.
- Other games include Chains of Olympus (2008) and Ghost of Sparta (2010) for the PlayStation Portable (PSP) and Betrayal (2007) for mobile phones that supported the Java Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME).
- The Norse era began with the 2018 installment that was also titled God of War and released for the PlayStation 4 (PS4) and later Microsoft Windows in January 2022.
- It was accompanied by a short prequel, A Call from the Wilds (2018), a text-based game through Facebook Messenger.
- A sequel, Ragnarök, is in development for a 2022 release on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 and will be the finale to the Norse era.
- Games in the series have been praised as some of the best action games of all time.
- The series has received numerous awards, including several Game of the Year recognitions for the 2005 and 2018 installments.
- Some games have also been remastered for newer PlayStation platforms.