The newest addition to the infamous videogame series designed by Rockstar Games, GTA V is a hard-hitting, thrill seeking criminal playground. Released for PC on the 14th of April 2015, Grand Theft Auto 5 has firmly cemented itself as one of the highest grossing and biggest games to date.
However, cruising around Los Santos shooting up gang members and stealing tanks in the desert does come at a price. GTA V’s huge immersive world comes equipped with a full functional stock market, dynamic weather system and thousands of things to do around the 81km2 map, it would make sense that you’re going to need a beastly PC to play this smoothly.
Download GTA 5 Lite Version 1.0
How well will your PC run GTA V?
- The PC edition also boasts mod compatibility which has exploded in popularity, allowing the dedicated community design and share brilliant ideas.
- The base game on its own is very technically demanding for the average PC gamer, but five years’ worth of free expansion packs and the choice to add mods into the mix, is it going to be too much?
- So what’s the damage then?
- What kind of alien technology will I need to run this? Firstly, you’ll need Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1 or better to run the game on.
- This will need to be accompanied by either an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 or an AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor.
- In addition to this, the game’s file size is 72 GB with 4 GB of System RAM required too.
GTA V Recommended PC Requirements List (60 fps target)
- Finally, the graphics card will have to be at least either a 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT or an AMD Radeon HD 4870 to tackle this game.
- NVIDIA’s 9800 GT equipped with NVIDIA PhysX-Ready2 technology means that it can handle many complex physics situations in GTA V, important situations like driving a tank off of a skyscraper.
- An Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 processing at 2.4GHz should accompanied with the graphics card should be enough for the game to run on minimal graphical settings.
- To play GTA V in all its glory, at recommended level you will need a more powerful processor in the form of either an Intel Core i5 3470 or an AMD X8 FX-8350 to truly keep up with the game.
- In addition to this, a more advanced graphics card will be required to truly show off the beauty of GTA V.
- You will need either a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB or an AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or higher for this to be possible.
GTA 5 Best PC Requirements List (90fps+ target)
- An AMD X8 FX-8350 with 8 CPUs running at 4GHz will be ample processing power to wreak havoc across Los Santos.
- This backed up with an AMD HD 7870 or higher will do the design team justice and make world come alive on your monitor.
- You’ll be able to enjoy beautiful textures and lighting mechanics with these specs.
- Grand Theft Auto V is a 2013 action-adventure game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games.
- It is the first main entry in the Grand Theft Auto series since 2008′.
- Grand Theft Auto V Lite for PC also brings the debut of the MR.GEFX capture, edit and share game footage from within Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.
The Rockstar Editor’s Director Mode allows players the ability to stage their own scenes using prominent story characters, pedestrians, and even animals to bring their vision to life. Minimum System Requirements. CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHz.
OS: XP – Service Pack 3 / Windows 8/10/11. VIDEO CARD: 256MB NVIDIA 7900+ / 256MB ATI X1900+.