Rockstar Games launched Grand Theft Auto V in 2013 for fans waiting eagerly for another GTA release. The game features an open-world landscape with offline and multiplayer modes and lets you enjoy the Premium Edition for extra features as well. It’s a fun, mature title with outstanding graphics, gameplay, and storyline.
Open-world action/adventure game
Grand Theft Auto V takes you back to the infamous San Andreas, hailing back to the GTA game of the same name. The story follows the lives of three main characters - Michael, Trevor, and Franklin. Each one has unique personality traits that will often get them into trouble. You can freely switch among them in the GTA V campaign, selecting the primary objectives or side quests.
Grand Theft Auto 5 - Where your wildest dreams come alive
- The former propels you towards the end of the storyline, while the latter gives you funds and experience to get better weapons and other items.
- If you’re into real estate and vehicles, you can use your amassed fortune to buy several of them in the city.
- Of course, there’s the core crime theme, so you can resort to violence and theft to claim assets for free.
- Grand Theft Auto V is better suited to a mature audience, containing elements of sex, drugs, and extreme violence.
- You’ll also need to make critical decisions during select parts of the story, which will affect the outcome.
- The action-packed game is available in offline and online modes.
Experience GTAV and GTA Online now on Xbox Series X|S
Before you start playing, deciding which version you want to access is essential. GTA V loads each segment separately, so you’ll leave campaign mode before entering multiplayer.
GTA Online has become popular over the years, with players still using their characters to cause chaos in the different multiplayer challenges.
How to install GTA V on Windows
You begin by creating an avatar, changing its looks, gender, clothing, and other items. The open-world aspect has been kept in place, so that you can freely choose how you want to live your online existence. Grand Theft Auto Online contains many of the same elements of the campaign mechanics. The chief variation is that you can compete against others for rewards or join your friends in eliminating your opponents.
Before you can play Grand Theft Auto V on Windows, you’ll need to download the massive 95 GB file. It’s grown over the years, starting at 36 GB in 2013 and reaching 65 GB by 2015. The file size is a testament to how much work and regular new content Rockstar Games puts into the action/adventure game.
Once you have the file, you can use the install wizard and select the location on your hard drive where you'd like to keep the program data. You have the option to create a shortcut on your desktop for easy access.
- The file will take a while to install since it requires both the offline and multiplayer modes.
- You’re also going to have to create a Rockstar Games Social Club Account for playing GTA V on Windows.