MediaTek chipset devices are all over the Android smartphone ecosystem. When it comes to data transfer between a computer and a MediaTek device, you’ll need to install the latest MediaTek drivers first.
MediaTek drivers help to connect your device with your PC for better data transfer or stable connection. So if you get some error or failure notice when connecting, the most possible cause is outdated or improperly installed USB drivers.
How to install MTK USB drivers in your pc. Firstly download the drivers file in your pc. Now extract the file using winrar or 7zip. Launch the installer.exe file and click on Yes to continue. Follow and click on the next steps you see on the screen till you see installation completed. Now restart your pc and connect mtk mobile phone to check. Apr 03, 2021 MediaTek (MTK) USB Drivers are available for Android OS-equipped smartphones or tablet devices that are powered by the MediaTek chipset. If your smartphone has the MediaTek chipset, you can easily install the MediaTek USB Driver on your computer to get benefitted in most scenarios.
In this post, we’ll show you 2 easy ways to get the latest MediaTek drivers.
Try these methods:
There are two methods for you to download and install MediaTek drivers.
- Option 1 – Manually – You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your drivers this way because you need to find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
- Option 2 –Automatically – This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 1 Manually
To download and install MediaTek drivers manually, you need to:
- Download the driver zip file.
- Advance restart your PC and select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.
- Install it on your computer manually.
1. Download the driver zip file
1) Download the MTK Driver Zip File (All Versions).
2) Extract the zip file on your computer.
3) Open the folder, and run MTK_USB_All_v1.0.8 application.
4) Follow the instructions in the wizard to save the driver folder.
2. Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
1) Click Settings and select Update & Security.
2) On the left panel, select the Recovery tab. Under Advanced startup, click Restart now.
2) After booting into advanced startup, select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Start-up Settings > Restart.
3) When you see Startup Settings, press number 7 or F7 on your keyboard to disable Driver Signature Enforcement. This will take about 3 minutes to boot.
3. Install the MTK driver manually
1) Type device manager in the search box and select Device Manager.
2) In Device Manager, select your PC name. Then click Action and select Add legacy hardware.
3) In the Add Hardware Wizard, click Next.
4) Tick the Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced) option and click Next.
5) Click Show All Devices and then Next.
6) Select Have Disk and select the .inf file you extracted before.
7) Select MTK_Driver_ext > SP_Drivers_v2.0 > Android > android_winusb inf.
8) Once selected, click OK. Then select the model you want and click Next to install. You can install all MediaTek drivers on your computer.
9) Restart your PC and connect your MediaTek device.
Option 2 Automatically
To update MTK drivers, it may take a lot of time searching online and install it manually. If you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to update the MediaTek driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. You get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. )
Note: You can do it free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
4) Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
After you install the correct and latest MediaTek drivers, you can use the SP Flash tool to flash different files and also stop worrying about failed data transfers.
Feel free to drop us a comment if you have further questions or suggestions.
This guide will explain how to use libusb to add a filter for your Mediatek drivers; in this case, Mediatek USB Port.
You might have noticed recent versions of your Mediatek boxes / dongles / tools asking you to install a driver filter. This is based on the Mediatek DA & Auth bypass exploit.
- Windows PC
- Install Mediatek drivers
- Download and install libusb @ https://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-...e/download
- A Mediatek Android device
Steps to install a Mediatek driver filter using libusb
Follow the steps below to use libusb to install a driver filter
See the video below or @ https://youtu.be/HP_2VHXCQus
- Open the bin folder in libusb's installation location
- Open the folder that corresponds to your PC's architecture
- Launch install-filter-win.exe
- Tick Install a device filter then click Next
- Power off the device and get it into VCOM BROM mode. This could vary with device; Volume up, Volume down, Volume up + Volume down, Google assistant key + volume down , Remove battery then Vol up + Power, Remove battery then Vol down + Power ...... then connect it to PC via USB cable
- The device should get detected as Mediatek USB Port . Keep trying different combos till you get this detection
- Quickly highlight Mediatek USB Port then click Install
- You should get a prompt saying it was successful if all went well, click OK. Retry if it fails
- Click Back
- Tick Remove a device filter then click Next
- You should find the filter you just installed.
Mediatek Usb Driver Windows 10Video Transcript
Mediatek Inc Drivers
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to install a device filter for a Mediatek Android device using libusb. This guide comes in handy for those who are trying to use the MTK bypass... DA and Auth bypaass exploit. You'll have seen a lot of tools asking you to install a filter, they're really based on this exploit. For you to use this thing, you need to first download libusb, I'll link to that and also your Mediatek drivers, I'll link to a guide on how to do that also but I'll just install that quickly. Right click, click on Install, This is a signed driver by the way. Alright, If you've not done that already, this is how to install your drivers. Now, once you've done this, you now go back to libusb. Open the bin folder, then you select based on your PC's architecture. Mine is amd64 bi so you click install-filter-win.exe. Now you leave it on install a device filter and then you click on Next. Leave that ticked. Now, you get your device into VCOM BROM mode.
For some devices, its volume up, for some, its volume down, for some its volume up and down, for some like the LGs, that's the Google assistant key plus volume down key. It could vary, just try all these combinations til you get one. So I'll connect mine quickly. For this device, its volume up and down. Now, Mediatek USB Port, you click on install. You have to be very fast in highlighting and clicking install then you click OK. Now to crosscheck, I'll go to Remove a device filter and there you can see the filter installed. That's how to install a filter for a Mediatek Android device using libusb
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.