Reviews for the Intel Core i3 330M processor
The Intel Core i3-330M is a lower-middle class dual core CPU for laptops and clocks with 2.16 GHz.
The difference to the Core i5-430M is the lacking Turbo Boost overclocking and the slower core speed. Each core is based on the Nehalem (Westmere) micro-architecture.
Hyperthreading enables the Dual Core CPU to handle 4 threads at once (for a better usage of the pipeline). A feature of the new Core i3-330M is the integrated graphics card called Intel HD Graphics or GMA HD and a DDR3 1066 MHz memory controller.
|Core i3 M 330IntelBench 38%, 14,003 samples||304x|
|HD Graphics (Arrandale 0.667/0.766 GHz)IntelBench 0%, 89,090 samples||232x|
|Mobility Radeon HD 4300ATIBench 1%, 2,747 samples||157x|
|Mobility Radeon HD 5470ATIBench 1%, 15,823 samples||56x|
|A400 240GBKingston €30Bench 67%, 368,849 samples||16x|
|A400 120GBKingston €24Bench 60%, 150,398 samples||9x|
|Green 240GB (2018)WD €42Bench 46%, 163,775 samples||8x|
|M471B5673FH0-CF8 2x2GBSamsungBench 25%, 5,783 samples||38x|
|HMT125S6BFR8C-G7 2x2GBHynixBench 24%, 1,830 samples||37x|
|EBJ21UE8BDS0-AE-F 2x2GBUnknownBench 23%, 1,064 samples||29x|
| EDIT WITH CUSTOM PC BUILDER||Value: 19% - Very poor||Total price: €30|
How Fast Is Your CPU? (Bench your build)Size up your PC in less than a minute.
Welcome to our freeware PC speed test tool. UserBenchmark will test your PC and compare the results to other users with the same components. You can quickly size up your PC, identify hardware problems and explore the best upgrades.
UserBenchmark of the month
- It should handle all applications well, but some demanding games could profit from a faster CPU.
- The 32nm cpu cores of the Westmere generation can also process some new instructions to accelerate AES encryptions.
- In the i3-330M Intel has deactivated these new AES functions.
- The integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD (GMA HD) graphics card is known to be clocked up to 500 MHz and should be clearly faster than the old GMA 4500MHD.
- The Core i5 and i7 models should still be a bit faster because of the higher max.
- clock speed of the GPU. A GeForce 9400M (ION) should still be a faster (especially as Nvidia and ATI cards have a better driver support than Intel up to now).
- According to rumors, the GMA core will also use the Turbo Mode regulate the clock speed.
- The power consumption of 35 Watt TDP (max.) counts for the whole package and therefore it is clearly better than the 35 Watt TDP of the Core 2 Duo T-series (CPU alone).
- Cinebench R11.5 - Cinebench R11.5 CPU Multi 64 Bit.
- min: 1.71 avg: 1.7 median: 1.8 (3%) max: 1.77 Points.
- Cinebench R10 - Cinebench R10 Rend. min: 1671 avg: 2301 median: 2330 (21%) max: 2360 points.
- min: 5361 avg: 5513 median: 5491 (7%) max: 6333 points.
Processor Rankings (Price vs Performance)April 2022 CPU Rankings.
We calculate effective speed which measures real world performance for typical users. Effective speed is adjusted by current prices to yield a value for money rating. Our calculated values are checked against thousands of individual user ratings. The customizable table below combines these factors to bring you the definitive list of top CPUs. [CPUPro]
min: 6254 avg: 6557 median: 6552 (6%) max: 6756 Points.
Group Test Results
- Cinebench R10 - Cinebench R10 Rend. min: 1932 avg: 2779 median: 2863 (17%) max: 2931 Points.
- min: 477 avg: 853 median: 750 (9%) max: 2356.66 s. min: 23 avg: 27.3 median: 23.9 (5%) max: 63.96 s.
- min: 1906 avg: 2210 median: 2230 (5%) max: 2280 Points. Super Pi Mod 1.5 XS 32M - Super Pi mod 1.5 XS 32M *.
|Description||Intel® Core™ i3-330M Processor (3M Cache, 2.13 GHz)|
|# of Cores||2|
|# of Threads||4|
|Cache||3 MB SmartCache|
|Instruction Set Extensions||SSE4.1/4.2|
|Embedded Options Available||No|
|Clock Speed||2.13 GHz|
|Bus Speed||2.5 GT/s DMI|
|Max TDP||35 W|
|Processor Graphics||Intel® HD Graphics|
|Graphics Base Frequency||500 MHz|
|# of Displays Supported||2|
|Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency||667 MHz|
|Clear Video HD Tech||Yes|
|Flexible Display Interface||Yes|
|Clear Video Tech for MID||Yes|
|Macrovision License Required||No|
|Max Memory Size||8 GB|
|Memory Types||DDR3 800/1066|
|Memory Bandwidth||17.1 GB/s|
|Physical Address Extensions||36-bit|
|ECC Memory Supported||No|
|PCI Express Revision||2.0|
|PCI Express Configurations||1x16|
|Max # of PCI Express Lanes||16|
|Virtualization Tech (VT-x)||Yes|
|Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Tech||Yes|
|Thermal Monitoring Technologies||Yes|
|Turbo Boost Tech||No|
|Virtualization for Directed I/O (VT-d)||No|
|VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)||Yes|
|Fast Memory Access||Yes|
|Flex Memory Access||Yes|
|Package Size||rPGA 37.5mmx 37.5mm, BGA 34mmx28mm|
|Graphics and IMC Lithography||45 nm|
|Max CPU Configuration||1|
|Sockets Supported||BGA1288, PGA988|
|Processing Die Size||81 mm2|
|# of Processing Die Transistors||382 million|
|Graphics and IMC Die Size||114 mm2|
|# of Graphics and IMC Die Transistors||177 million|
|Execute Disable Bit||Yes|
|Trusted Execution Tech||No|
1348 Processors (Compared)Thousands of user benchmarks compiled into one comparison list.
See how consistently different CPUs perform with varying real world conditions. The charts also illustrate overall performance, popularity and rank.
min: 1097 avg: 1158 median: 1104 (5%) max: 1810 s.
Copy Markup (Pasteable into forums and deal posts)