Schützen Sie Ihre Chats, Videoanrufe und Bankdaten vor Hackern mit militärischer Verschlüsselung. Verstecken Sie Ihre IP-Adresse, damit Ihr Surfen nicht verfolgt werden kann - auch nicht von Ihrem ISP. Entdecken Sie mehr Websites und Unterhaltung, indem Sie eine Verbindung zu Servern auf der ganzen Welt herstellen. Stellen Sie sicher, dass Ihre Online-Aktionen nicht mit unserer strengen Null-Protokoll-Richtlinie aufgezeichnet werden.
Simultaneous Device Connections — The Standard 5 Connections
Also, the US government has banned the use of Kaspersky software within its factions, which raises further concerns. After conducting my testing and research, I can say that Kaspersky Secure Connection isn’t a safe choice for privacy enthusiasts. It keeps more logs than most VPNs and it’s still embroiled with its Russian accusations.
However, it provides fast speeds and high-quality security features, giving you adequate protection from online threats like hackers. If you’re not overly worried about privacy, then I’d highly recommend Kaspersky Secure Connection. Its low price makes it a great deal. You can even claim a full refund within 30 days if you’re not satisfied. But if you’re concerned about its privacy, or it doesn’t work out for you, you can always choose from a wide range of VPNs to better suit your needs.
Kaspersky Secure Connection Features — Updated in April 2022
Click here to see the streaming test results. Fast speeds across global servers. My speeds remained consistently fast on both its local and long-distance servers.
Device Compatibility — Compatible with Major Systems
None of my online activities were interrupted whatsoever. Find the results of my speed tests here. Adequate security but questionable privacy. Its security features are of the highest standard, such as AES-256 bit encryption and an automatic kill switch.
Security — Highly Secure
However, its no-logs policy and Russian background are controversial. See how well it protects you here. Small server network.
- Its global server network is pretty small and only includes 30 countries in total.
- I could only choose server locations and not the actual servers, which was a bit annoying.
- Find out more about its server network. Doesn’t work in China.
- It clearly states that it can’t be installed and used in countries with restrictive internet like China, Belarus, and Iran.
- Click here to see its China policy.
- No Live Chat or email. I couldn’t get an immediate response to my questions because of the absence of live chat.
- The only way I could contact them directly was to lodge a support ticket, which wasn’t an email.
- See how I got on with their support here.
- Affordable pricing options. You can choose between its free plan, which has limited features, and its paid plans, either monthly or yearly.
- The paid plans also come with a 30-day money-back guarantee so that you can test them without commitment.
Kaspersky Secure Connection Features — Updated in April 20225.0. Kaspersky Secure Connection isn’t renowned for its streaming. However, it can unblock Netflix.
Protecting Your World Against Cyber Security Threats
This includes both US Netflix and other global libraries. When it came to other streaming sites like Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer, it couldn’t bypass geoblocks.
Netflix’s geoblocking technology can’t detect Kaspersky Secure Connection on most occasions. It doesn’t make any open claims about this on its website, so I wasn’t sure what to expect in my tests. I started by connecting to a US server in Washington, and after 30 seconds I was watching the movie London Heist, which is exclusive to US Netflix.
Server Network — Small Network but Secure Servers
There wasn’t any lag on my stream either. From there, I connected to 4 server locations in the US (Miami, New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago), and watched other US exclusive movies like Radium Girls and Gimme Shelter on the Washington and Chicago servers.
Unfortunately, the Miami and New York ones didn't work. I connected to servers in Brazil, the Netherlands, Japan, Canada, and Germany, and unblocked Netflix libraries in Canada, Japan, and the Netherlands.
Blocked By: Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, HBO Max, Disney+, ESPN+, DAZN, ITV, and YouTube TV
If you want a VPN for unblocking Netflix, then Kaspersky Secure won’t disappoint. Kaspersky Secure Connection was unable to unblock popular streaming sites in the US and UK.
These included Amazon Prime Video and BBC iPlayer, among others. After trying all of the 5 server locations in the US, I kept getting the following message on Amazon Prime Video:.
Conclusion – Why Kaspersky Lab’s Internet Security?
“Your device is connected to the Internet using a VPN or proxy service. Please disable it and try again.”.
- A lot of VPNs have a hard time unblocking Amazon Prime Video, so this wasn’t surprising.
- I then tried out 3 of its UK servers to watch BBC iPlayer, but again I was denied access. Even though I had registered my account with a UK postcode and used a UK server, the platform could still detect my VPN use.
- Similarly, I also couldn’t unblock Hulu, HBO Max, Disney+, and ESPN+.
- As soon as I tried watching shows on these platforms, they detected that I was using a VPN or proxy.
I experienced this issue on all of Kaspersky Secure’s US server locations.
No Logs Policy — Raises Concerns
To test its speeds, I used Ookla’s speed test tool, which tested the following factors:. Download speed — How fast you can obtain files and data from the internet to your computer.
- Upload speed — The time it takes to upload files and data from your computer to the internet.
- Ping — How quickly a website responds when you click its link.
- In other words, your connection’s reaction time.
- To get a baseline for my speed tests, I tested my local, non-VPN connection in Australia.
The results were:. Download: 50.98 Mbps. Upload: 20.76 Mbps. When I connected to a Kaspersky Secure Connection server in Australia, the speed dropped significantly. It’s very common for your speeds to drop on a VPN connection because your internet traffic has to travel a further distance, and it goes through more layers of encryption.
However, it was still fast enough to watch HD videos without lag, and it easily surpassed my expectations.
Unblocked: Netflix, France 2, SBS Australia
My results were:. Download: 29.73Mbps (41% decrease). Upload: 9.68 Mbps (53% decrease). While it might seem like a massive difference on paper, that was hardly the case. Kaspersky Secure Connection provides fast speeds across its global server network.
Encryption and Security Protocols
I expected my speed to drop even further on its long-distance servers. Even though this occurred, it didn’t drop to the extent I expected. Its long-distance speeds were very similar to its local servers.
The servers I tested first were its US and UK servers, probably the two most common server locations for accessing streaming sites.
Privacy — Not Great
These were my readings:. Download: 21.89 Mbps (57% decrease). Upload: 6.97 Mbps (66% decrease). Download: 22.49 Mbps (55% decrease). Upload: 5.65 Mbps (72% decrease).
Torrenting — Fast and Reliable
The US one was a bit slower, which was probably because it’s farther away. From there, I tested a wide range of different servers in various parts of the world, and the speeds were similar and fast.