Okay, we know that we've only just released 19.2, and some of you are probably even still waiting for that, but that's a big part of the reason we need to push out a new build.
We still had some challenges with the Xbox release, and some other issues came to light that we didn't want to ignore - so, rather than get into platform-specific point releases, we thought we'd just nudge up to 19.3 and go for it.
As with other point releases, don't go looking for new features, as that isn't really the purpose here.
Full details are on GitHub, but here's the short form.. We've had some challenges getting the Xbox version released because of some specific platform requirements needed for 4k/HEVC playback.
With the help of @CelesAtXbox (thanks so much!) we think we've now genuinely got those covered to Microsoft's satisfaction, and can finally get this into the Windows Store.
There's also an issue with an expired certificate for 18.9 on Xbox, which effectively takes that version off that platform for new installations, so timing is opportune to fix that.
There's been a long-standing Atmos audio issue on all platforms that support TrueHD passthrough - we know that this this has been irritating people for some time, and we've now been able to fix this. We unintentionally introduced a bug in 19.2 that broke Airplay, so we've fixed that one. A couple of gaming-related fixes, notably a controller fix and some shader issues on Retroplayer.
We've fixed a bug that affected thumbnails for watched episodes when hiding episode spoilers.
We've much improved the metadata shown in Linux app stores. Thanks, as always, to everyone who has helped by reporting, isolating or fixing issues.
You should be fine to install this straight over the top of your existing Kodi version - indeed, this will happen automatically on many platforms - but, if you've any doubts, back up your userdata beforehand.
Similarly, this is a minor version bump, so there's no change to database versions or anything similar on the vast majority of platforms; the exception here is obviously if you're getting your first taste of a major upgrade (i.e.
If you're interested, you can read the merged PRs here.
If you want to read back on the full history of v19 itself, or of previous versions, you can find the corresponding articles in the relevant blog posts.
Application deployment on different platforms (notably, Google Play and the Microsoft Store) can vary considerably due to circumstances outside of our control, so just be patient, and the update will inevitably find its way through.
This step-by-step tutorial will show you How to Install Kodi on Firestick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube.
This process will also work on Fire TV televisions.
Kodi on Firestick or Fire TV will allow you to watch free movies, TV shows, live channels, sports, and more.
This is through the various 3rd party add-ons and builds that can be easily accessed after Kodi is installed on your Firestick or Fire TV device.
- Kodi is listed as one of the Best APK’s and Best Firestick Apps by TROYPOINT.
We need your help
- Because Kodi is not available in the Amazon App Store, we must side-load it onto our device. This side-loading process is also called jailbreaking a firestick which will allow you to stream free Movies, TV Shows, Sports, PPV, Adult content, and more.
- This page is continually updated and will always provide relevant guides with the most recent stable release of Kodi. As of today, Kodi 19.4 Matrix is the stable version.
- I have developed four different guides to install Kodi on Firestick and the Fire TV, which are outlined below. In my opinion, the first method is the easiest since you don’t need a computer and it takes less than 2 minutes to complete.
- Your online activity is actively tracked by your Internet Service Provider, app/addon devs, and government through your identifying IP address.
- Stream anonymously by using IPVanish VPN. IPVanish will encrypt your connection to the Internet and mask your IP address so you will remain 100% anonymous.
- IPVanish backs their service with a 30-day money back guarantee. IPVanish allows you to use your account on unlimited Internet-connected devices.
- The following methods work on all devices; 1st Generation Fire TV, 1st Generation Fire TV Stick, 2nd Generation Fire TV, 2nd Generation Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV 3, Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Stick Lite, and Fire TV Televisions.
How to Install Kodi on Firestick Guide
You will find both a video tutorial and a screenshot guide below. Table of Contents. 1 How to Install Kodi on Firestick Guide. 4 Install Kodi on Fire TV Stick with ES File Explorer.
5 Frequently Asked Questions. Note: The current Stable Release is Kodi 19.4 Matrix. The free TROYOINT app includes over 50 of the best streaming apps including the one(s) you’re about to install on this page.
Install the Downloader app from your respective App Store (Amazon App Store or Google Play) and enable Unknown Sources within the settings of your streaming device.
Enjoy all of your favorite media on any device you own with this versatile program.
If you haven’t done this yet please refer to the following screenshot tutorial for step-by-step instructions or watch the video above.
Launch Downloader. If prompted, click Allow. Click OK for developer notes.
Warning! Protect Yourself With IPVanish VPN
Click OK button on remote to open the keyboard and type in the address for Kodi 19.4 which is troypoint.com/kodistable.
Install Kodi on Firestick with Unlinked App Store
If you would like to install Kodi 18.9, you will type in troypoint.com/k18. Click the Go button after typing in the address and Kodi download will begin.
Install Kodi on Firestick – Screenshot Tutorial
Where can you run this program?
Click Install on Kodi setup page. Click Done once Kodi has been installed. Click Delete to discard the Kodi installation file as this will free up valuable space on your Fire TV Stick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube.
Click Delete again. Return to your device home screen. Launch Kodi and click “Continue” button. Click Allow and Kodi will begin to load. You are now presented with Kodi 19.4 Matrix home screen on Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube.
Should you download it?
Kodi is now installed! Now, it’s time to install the best 3rd party Kodi addons that will provide free movies, TV shows, live channels, sports, PPV, and more. Our Free Supercharge Guide below will teach you how to install the best Kodi addons with the click of a button on your Firestick or Fire TV. The free TROYPOINT Supercharge Guide teaches you how to install over 60 of the best addons with a few clicks.