High Sierra is an update of MacOS which focuses mostly on back-end developments and a higher level of user security. As such, this operating system lays a foundation for future upgrades. High Sierra emphasizes the already-existing benefits of MacOS previous system, Sierra.
There are few bells and whistles, but the changes are noticeable and positive.
The Apple file system is the most significant feature it brought. It enables the storage and encryption of a large number of files. Thus, it boosts performance and helps manage device memory issues. Apple also introduced new formats for video and photos in this version. These formats compress data - that’s a benefit as files can get huge with ever-rising resolutions.
- They added support for virtual reality headsets as well.
- Besides that, when it comes to Safari, Mac search engine, there are some notable improvements with the update.
- The users can now control annoying auto-play videos, prevent tracking, and more.
- There are also notification controls, and you will experience a boost in performance, too.
- The most noticeable changes took place in Apple’s Photo App, though.
- It went through a total revamp both visually in its interface and terms of tools and functions available.
- Many other discreet changes happened all over the system.
If you’re running Sierra on your Mac, you will be able to run this one as well. Mojave, the newest version of MacOS, brought even more improved features to the table.
However, if you can’t run it on your device, this is the second best. High Sierra is not the shiniest upgrade Apple brought, but it’s one that sets the stage for new upgrades to come.
- Even out of that context, it’s a great operating system. Yes, if your device can support it.
- The new options and better security settings are worth getting. Improved storage.
- Smaller image and video sizes. Handy Safari updates. Upgraded security. Apps require updates for compatibility.
- Siri produces questionable results. New technologies at the heart of the system make your Mac more reliable, capable, and responsive — and lay the foundation for future innovations.
macOS High Sierra also refines the features and apps you use every day. It’s macOS at its highest level yet.Easily organize, edit and view your photos in Photos. • Make short videos from your Live Photos using new Loop and Bounce effects.• Easily locate and organize your content with the new sidebar.
- • Conveniently access all of your editing tools in the redesigned Edit View.
- • Fine-tune color and contrast in your photos with new Curves and Selective Color tools.
- • Access third-party apps directly from Photos and save the edited images back to your Photos library.