Free • Open Source. Blender is the free and open-source 3D creation suite. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing, video editing, and motion tracking. Blender new versions 2.81 and 2.82 has improved cloth simulator quality.
The new version 2.83 allows the user to sculp wrinkles while simulating cloth.
Blender is a great open source 3D modeling program, but its cloth simulation (as of 2.80) is between "unusably broken" / "barely works" and "extremely rudimentary". There are some addons which help automate some *very basic* things that Marvelous also does, but nothing that remotely comes close to the functionality and accuracy of MD. Marvelous Designer 11 Start 30 days free trial!
Enterprise subscriptions cost $1,700/year. Academic licences are also available. Marvelous Designer is a popular 3D software used by many artists to create dynamic 3D clothing for video games, 3D art, DAZ/Poser, iClone, 3D animations, VR experiences, digital doubles in films and more.
For years, creating perfect fabric and cloth simulations was reserved for the Computer Scientists at Pixar and Disney. Making great cloth simulations was an insane amount of work that required insane amounts of processor power.
|App Name:||Marvelous Designer|
|Developer:||CLO Virtual Fashion, LLC.|
|Version:||Marvelous Designer 9 5.1.381|
|Updated:||February, 12th 2020|
|Category||Imaging and Digital Photo|
|File Size:||982.89 MB|
|File Type:||EXE file|
|Requirement:||PC/laptop/tablet running Windows|
(Windows XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64)
Today, we have Marvelous Designer. CLO Virtual Fashion Inc.CLO Virtual Fashion Inc. is the creator of CLO3D and Marvelous Designer, two software programs at the cutting edge of 3D fashion technology.
Based in Seoul, South Korea, CLO’s products are used by designers in the fashion, game, VFX, and education industries to create realistic, digital 3D clothes for their projects.
- Marvelous designer is a 3d modeling program for clothes and fabric, as a budding fashion designer and tech guy which loves CAD it is all kinds of exciting….
- Part 1: Leaving Marvelous Designer.
- Select all clothing pieces. Export the simulated cloth model (Export > OBJ) Make sure your export settings are set to: Select All Patterns (no avatars) .
- Right-click your cloth in MD’s 3D view, select “Reset 2D Arrangement (Selected)”.
What happens during MDD import
Export the cloth model again with the same settings. I’ve been able to import Marvelous Designer animations into Blender for rendering! Here’s a short video I’ve tweeted showing my inflatable boat in action:.
This is how we make it happen in principle. In Marvelous Designer:. animate your garment. export an OBJ from the first frame. export the animation as MDD using the same settings as the OBJ.
activate the MDD add-on. import the OBJ and select it. And now for a more elaborate explanation with screenshots and further explanations:.
Once the garment is animated, head over to Export – MDD Cache (Standard). Note the scale in the settings: DAZ Scale at 1% so that it’ll look handsome in Blender.
- You can choose to export the entire animation, or set a range in the Animations Tab and shorten it to the pertinent parts.
- That’s our animation. This format save vertex changes over time, but it relies on an initial 3D object for reference.
- Hence we need to park our playhead on frame 0 and export that OBJ too, using Export – OBJ.
- The scale settings should match the animation export, so once again DAZ Scale at 1%.
- That’s all we need in Marvelous Designer for the moment.
- Materials are a different process I will cover in another article. In Blender, let’s start by importing our OBJ via Import – Wavefront OBJ.
Make sure to NOT split by object (groups is fine), otherwise you’ll end up with a lot of lose pieces. Blender is a little weird, in more than one respect. When the object comes in, it’ll be pre-selected… but somehow in a way that’s not quite “selected enough”.
It’ll have a dark orange outline which is apparently evil. We need to de-select then re-select our object so that it has a light orange outline. I never understood why that is… something about “all parented objects are also selected, and the last one that was selected was the top object”.
All I know here is de-select, then re-select. I’ve decided to find it “charming”. With our object correctly selected, we need to import the animation data.
- Head over to Import – Lightwave Point Cache and pick the MDD file we’ve exported in a previous step.
- If you don’t see this option in Blender, don’t panic: we need to activate an included add-on for it to show.
- Head over to Edit – Preferences – Add-ons, then search for “mdd”.
- Tick the box and the option should show up. The import process will take some time, depending on the size of your object and the length of the animation.
- Blender won’t give you any progress reports and may appear to hang.
- That’s normal (again “charming”), and it helps to understand what is going on under the hood.
- Each frame of the animation will create a Shape Key in your original object, describing how the vertices should be moved at every step.
- You can see this under Object – Data Properties as soon as the import finishes.
- Once all shape keys have been created, each frame of the animation needs to be set to something like this:.
- frame 1 = shape key 1 active, all other keys inactive.
- frame 2 = shape key 2 active, all other keys inactive.
Is marvelous designer a cad?
- frame 3 = shape key 3 active, all other keys inactive.
- When the process has finished, you’ll see a lot of orange keyframes in your timeline.
- Move the playhead to see your animation.
- If your object looks a bit rough and not like you remember it in Marvelous Designer, your garment might have fallen prey to the auto-smoothed Normal option.
- Again I have no real idea what this is, but apparently it’s good for our objects sometimes.
- Other times it looks rather harsh, like in this example of my inflatable boat.
- To toggle this option (which is enabled by default), head over to the Object Data Properties (green triangle icon) under Normals.
- You can play with the angle or simply disable it.
- My boat looked a lot better without it, but various clothing items I’ve made worked fine with it enabled.
Does Pixar use marvelous designer?
- Good luck transferring your animations from Marvelous Designer and CLO to Blender.
- Locate and select the Control Panel menu, then double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- Select the Marvelous Designer and then right-click, select Uninstall/Change.
- Then click Yes to confirm the Marvelous Designer uninstallation process.
Isn’t Marvelous Designer what you were looking for? We prepared a list of alternatives below!
- DxO PhotoLab
OpenSCAD, DxO PhotoLab, and Pano2VR is the strong competitor of Marvelous Designer. Otherwise, Natron and MikuMikuDance also quite good as the alternative of this software. There are also other similar apps such as IconGenerator, ReaConverter, and Meshmixer that also need to try if you want to find the best alternative of Marvelous Designer.
The Marvelous Designer for Windows PC is unquestionably the best Imaging and Digital Photo that you can find nowadays. It also is the most reliable when it comes to performance and stability. You can find that out for yourself. That is why a lot of PC users recommend this app.
Get superb and impressive experience using this Marvelous Designer application developed by CLO Virtual Fashion, LLC.. Marvelous Designer nowadays are already getting better each time.
If you have some questions related to this app, feel free to leave your queries in the comment section. Or you can share with us your experience when using this Marvelous Designer on your Windows 10 PC. And if you know other people who want to experience Marvelous Designer for Windows PC, you can share this article to help them. Enjoy using Marvelous Designer for Windows PC.
Find other interesting articles that will help you how to download OpenSCAD for Windows 10 PC, install DxO PhotoLab for Windows 10, Pano2VR review, or about best Natron alternative apps for Windows 10.
Q: What is Marvelous Designer for PC?
A: For more information about this app, please go to the developer link on the above of this page.
Q: How do I access the free Marvelous Designer download for Windows PC?
A: It is easy! Just click the free Marvelous Designer download button in the above of this page. Clicking the download button will start the installer to download Marvelous Designer free for a PC/laptop.
Q: Is Marvelous Designer free? If not, how much does it price to download this app?
A: Absolutely no cost! You can download this app from official websites for free by this website—any extra details about the license you can found on the owner’s websites.
Q: Is this Marvelous Designer will typically run on any Windows?
A: Yes! The Marvelous Designer for PC will typically work on most recent Windows operating systems, including Windows XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64 64-bit and 32-bit.
Q: What’s the importance of downloading the latest version of Marvelous Designer?
A: We recommend downloading the latest version of Marvelous Designer because it has the most recent updates, which improves the quality of the application.
Q: What’s the difference between 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Marvelous Designer?
A: The Marvelous Designer 64-bit version was specially designed for 64-bit Windows Operating Systems and performed much better on those. The Marvelous Designer 32-bit version was initially intended for 32-bit Windows Operating Systems, but it can also run on 64-bit Windows Operating Systems.
Marvelous Designer is an application that builds by CLO Virtual Fashion, LLC.. All trademarks, product names, company names, and logos mentioned here are their respective owners’ property. This site (autotechint.com) is not affiliated with them directly. All information about applications, programs, or games on this website has been found in open sources on the Internet.
We don’t host or store Marvelous Designer on our servers. Downloads are done through the Official Site. We are firmly against piracy, and we do not support any sign of piracy. If you think that the application you own the copyrights is listed on our website and want to remove it, please contact us.
We are always compliant with DMCA regulations and respect the application owners. We are happy to work with you. Please find the DMCA / Removal Request page below.