Players must choose the right companions to fight alongside and together unleash explosive Team Special Techniques to lay waste to opponents.
- Ultimate Ninja STORM 2 has been remastered in HD.
- Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2’s gameplay retains many of the elements of the first game and has 23 fighting stages.
- It has nine chapters including the prologue and an extra chapter.
- Each character can gain new combos and jutsu by activating the Awakening Mode.
- Lars Alexandersson, a guest character from Tekken 6, is also playable in the game.
- As the story progresses, players will unlock new Jutsu and Ultimate Jutsu for certain characters.
The game does not have free roaming in the same sense as the original, instead being replaced by more traditional JRPG screens and movement.