DamonPS2 is a PlayStation 2 emulator for android with remarkably good performance on a wide variety of android devices, as well as loads of games. On paper, it can emulate 90% of the PS2 catalog. Not only that, all those games run very well on this emulator. Like almost all emulators, you'll have to download the BIOS yourself. This is very important, because if you don't get a BIOS, you won't be able to play anything, no matter how many ISOs you have on your device.
The free version of DamonPS2 a few obvious differences when compared to the paid version, the most noticeable being that the free version has ads. The free version also doesn't allow you to save to a memory card (although you can save from the emulator itself), and has fewer graphic options. Even so, tons of PS2 Games run perfectly on the free version.
Play legendary PlayStation 2 games like Metal Gear Solid 2, Silent Hill 2, Final Fantasy X, God of War, Onimusha, Disgaea, and many more on your Android device with the full featured emulator DamonPS2.
Requires Android 5.1 or higher. The PlayStation 2 (officially branded as PS2) is a home video game console developed and marketed by Sony Computer Entertainment.
6. Pro PlayStation
It was first released in Japan on March 4, 2000, in North America on October 26, 2000, and in Europe and Australia on November 24, 2000, and is the successor to the original PlayStation, as well as the second installment in the PlayStation console line-up.
A sixth-generation console, it competed with Sega's Dreamcast, Nintendo's GameCube, and Microsoft's original Xbox.Announced in 1999, the PS2 offered backward-compatibility for its predecessor's DualShock controller, as well as its games.
The PS2 is the best-selling video game console of all time, having sold over 155 million units worldwide, as confirmed by Sony.
- Sony later manufactured several smaller, lighter revisions of the console known as Slimline models in 2004.Even with the release of its successor, the PlayStation 3, the PS2 remained popular well into the seventh generation, and continued to be produced until 2013, when Sony finally announced it had been discontinued after over twelve years of production – one of the longest lifespans of a video game console.
- Despite the announcement, new games for the console continued to be produced until the end of 2013, including Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin for Japan, FIFA 13 for North America, and Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 for Europe.
- Repair services for the system in Japan ended on September 7, 2018.
- PlayStation 2 was Sony’s first gaming console of the 21st century.
- You can judge the popularity of this console by the fact that Sony sold over 155 million units of this console worldwide.
SAVESTATE FOR BETTER GAMING EXPERIENCE
PlayStation 2 had a humungous game library of over 3800 titles, and as far as hardware and graphical performance are considered, it was way ahead of its time. Thanks to the rapid advancements in technology, you can now enjoy your favorite PS2 titles on an Android smartphone using a PS2 Emulator For Android.
As you might have guessed by the title, in this article, we have shared some of the best Android PS2 Emulators. ALSO READ: 8 Best Nintendo DS Emulators For PC And Android. Best PS2 Emulator For Android. In order to play PS2 titles, you can use a PS2 Emulator for Android. An emulator is a hardware or software that enables one computer system to behave like another computer system.
In case of a PS2 Emulator, the emulator typically enables the host system to run software or use peripheral devices designed for the guest system.
- PTWOE is another noteworthy PS2 Emulator that is sadly no longer available on the Google Playstore.
- Consequently, you have to download the PS2 Emulator APK file to use PTWOE on your android device.
- Presently, there are two different versions of PTWOE, and they differ from each other on the basis of their speed, stability, UI, and bugs.
PLAY GAMES THROUGH ONLINE MULTIPLAYER
You can check out both the versions and opt for the one that best suits your needs. Similar to PPSSPP, PTWOE can only open the ISO versions of games. PTWOE also allows users to customize the controls as per their preferences. The highly anticipated PS2 emulator for Android made its way this week.
AetherSX2 is currently in the beta stage showing great promise. It runs best on flagship chipsets such as Snapdragon 845 and later(4 cores). You can run on it older chips but be prepared for a compromise in performance.
Like other PlayStation 2 emulators, you will need your own BIOS and game dump to play here.
- To enhance the experience further, they are providing Bluetooth controller support along with 1080p upscaled textures.
- Several games do not support wide-screen, but it is not a problem with the patches offered on AetherSX2m powered by OpenGL, Vulkan, and Software-based rendering.
COMPACT AND CUSTOMIZABLE VIRTUAL CONTROLLER
DamonPS2 is one of the fastest PS2 Emulator in existence. The developers of this Emulator claim that it can play around 90% of the total games available on PS2. Some of the significant highlights of DamonPS2 are multi-threading, gamepad & control mapping, memory card support, widescreen gameplay, and NEON acceleration.
Sadly, a majority of the features, as mentioned above, are exclusively available on the paid PRO variant of DamonPS2. Similar to PPSSPP, DamonPS2 can be directly downloaded from the Google Playstore. The developers of DamonPS2 claim that this Emulator works flawlessly on devices with Snapdragon 800 series processors like the Snapdragon 835\845\855.
is the next best Playstation 2 Android Emulator on the list.
- This high-performance Emulator can be used to play graphic intensive titles like Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, Final Fantasy X, Pro Evolution Soccer 3, and many more.
- In addition to Android, Play! is also available for PC operating systems like Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Best PS2 Emulator For Android
The primary focus of Play! portable PlayStation2 Emulator is to make PlayStation2 emulation easy and accessible. automatically configures and optimizes your games to enhance the gameplay experience. PPSSPP is one of the most feature-packed PS2 Emulator, and it can quickly transform your Android smartphones and tablets into portable PS2 consoles.
The developers of this Emulator have optimized this Emulator to run flawlessly on the small screens of smartphones. Apart from Android, you can also use this Emulator on iOS devices. Even though this Emulator has a 4.2+ average rating on the Google Playstore, many users have reported occasional lags here and there.
Some of the best titles that you can enjoy on PPSSPP are Dragon Ball Z, Little Big Planet, Burnout Legends, Fifa Street, Burnout Dominator, and many more.
- Lastly, you can even support the developers by acquiring PPSSPP Gold.
- The next best Emulator for emulating the Sony Play Station games is Pro Playstation.
- You can enjoy authentic gameplay using this PS2 Android Emulator, and its clean and simple UI acts as the icing on the cake.
SUPPORTS VARIABLE GAMEPADS
Some of the best features of Pro Playstation are the ability to save states, on-screen controllers, maps, excellent GPU rendering, and compatibility to many popular ROMs. Unlike the other emulators mentioned on the list, Pro Playstation supports many different hardware controllers.
Pro PlayStation offers excellent rendering capabilities even on older and less powerful devices. The next two emulators on the list might sound a bit similar, but believe me, they are not. Golden PS2 is a feature-packed PS2 Emulator Android that simply gets the job done. This Emulator is developed by Fas Emulators.
Similar to the other emulators on the list, Golden PS2 is compatible with a plethora of ROMs.
- Furthermore, Golden PS2 supports high-graphic gameplay.
- In addition to PS2 games, you can also use this Emulator to enjoy PSP games.
Are Emulators Illegal?
Some other noteworthy features of Golden PS2 are NEON acceleration, multi-threading, and widescreen 16:9 gameplay.
Sadly, the Golden PS2 is not available on the Google Playstore. Gold PS2 Emulator or also known as Pro PPSS2 Golden, is another fast Android PS2 Emulator that supports over 90% of all PS2 games available. The configuring process of the Gold PS2 Emulator is a bit complicated tonne of guidelines in this Emulator make the process easy. This free PlayStation 2 Emulator for Android supports multi-threading and NEON acceleration. Moreover, Gold PS2 Emulator can detect a number of file formats such as 7Z, .rar, .zip, iso, bin, nrg, etc. Gold PS2 Emulator also allows users to store their progress on an SD Card using save state and later open it using load state. New PS2 Emulator is a creation of Xpert LLC.
This capable PlayStation 2 Android Emulator supports games from several old gaming systems like PS2, PS One, and PSX.
Moreover, New PS2 Emulator also supports most mainstream game file formats like .bin, mdf, .pbp, .toc, .cbn, cue, zip, 7z, etc. Sadly, New PS2 Emulator is not a good performer in the graphics department as the Emulator only shows decent and average graphics. Similar to other Emulators for PS2 on the list, New PS2 Emulator supports a majority of games.
However, not all supported games run at full high graphics.
Free Pro PS2 Emulator is another reliable Sony Playstation 2 emulator that claims to offer up to 60fps performance in most games. It is worth noting that the performance of this Emulator heavily relies on the hardware configuration of your Android smartphone.
Which PS2 Emulator Is The Best?
Free Pro PS2 Emulator also supports most mainstream game file formats like .bin, MDF, .pbp, .toc, .cbn, cue, zip, 7z, etc. Unlike some of the emulators in this list, this Emulator app doesn’t need any BIOS to boot the games.
The next Emulator on the list might have a synonymous name, but it packs some unique features. Free HD PS2 Emulator one of the fastest Android emulators for playing PS2 games. This Emulator claims to offer HD gameplay experience. As the name of this PS2 Android Emulator suggests, it is free to download, and it offers 2x to 5x resolution.
Do note that you won’t get any free games with this Emulator. That said, inside the app, you’ll find a guide for the PS2 Emulator to show to you how you could get free PS2 games.