USB drivers are very important, as without it you won’t be able to connect your smartphone to your computer. Doesn’t matter you are going to use your smartphone for development, or to flash a custom firmware or to simply transfer files, without USB drivers these are not possible.
Most of the smartphones install drivers onto your computer when you connect them for the first time. But over the time, they get outdated.
This is why you need updated drivers. Without latest drivers, problems might occur while performing root. Before rooting any device, it is always recommended to install the latest smartphone drivers. For Samsung devices, the USB drivers are available on their support website.
How to Install Samsung USB Driver on Windows
- Here’s how to download these:. Drivers and device’s PC suite both are different for Windows and Mac computers.
- Go to Samsung Download Centre using web browser.
- Select your product type Mobile. If you know your smartphone’s model number, simply enter it.
- The model number is located on your smartphone’s packaging box and under its battery.
- Now, select your device.
So, download these carefully according to your computers’ operating system.
If it belongs to S series, click Galaxy S, Galaxy Note series owners, tap on Galaxy Note.
If it is some other Samsung device, check under Other Android phones and Other Android Phones. Locate your device model front the drop-down menu.
The Need for Samsung USB Drivers?
After selecting it, click Confirm. Scroll and find the USB file under Downloads section.
- Click Download. This step will download drivers for your selected Samsung device.
- Using this method, you can download Samsung USB Drivers by going to this link and clicking on the file name.
- Kies is a PC Companion or PC Suite, which can be used to manually update your phone’s firmware and transfer files to your computer.
- Smart Switch is another official Samsung software, using which you can transfer your files and contacts from any other smartphone to a Samsung device.
How to Install Samsung USB Driver on Windows PC
Choose your computers’ operating system on links. Kies (Windows & Mac). Smart Switch (For Windows & Mac).
How to Download Samsung USB Drivers
Attention: Governments and ISPs around the World monitors their users’ online activities. Reclaim your freedom with ExpressVPN and browse the internet with confidence.