If you are working with blogs and content creation then you should know about SEO. Or in the best case, you have an SEO tool at your disposal. So, in this post, you will learn how to install Screaming Frog SEO Spider on Ubuntu 20.04 / 18.04.
Best Free Screaming Frog Alternatives
A pretty good tool that will help you improve the SEO of your site as well as audit it. According to the Screaming Frog website, SEO Spider is a website crawler that helps you improve onsite SEO, by extracting data & auditing for common SEO issues.
Download & crawl 500 URLs for free, or buy a license to remove the limit & access advanced features.
Basically, SEO Spider allows you to analyze websites and the results in real-time. It gathers key onsite data to allow SEOs to make informed decisions. It has a free version that will be sufficient in emerging projects, but also a paid version that will help more established sites.
- Advertisement -. Some things you can do with SEO Spider are. Find Broken Links. Analyse Page Titles & Meta Data. Audit Redirects. Discover Duplicate Content.
Extract Data with XPath. Review Robots & Directives. Fortunately, this tool is available as a desktop application. And the best thing is that you have a DEB package for Ubuntu.
So, go to the SEO Spider website and download the DEB package. You can also do it using wget. Then use APT to install it. When the installation is finished, you can run it from the main menu as another application. First, accept the license terms:. And then you will see the main screen of the application.
Something simple, you only have to enter a website and wait for it to analyze the 500 pages that the free version allows us. I hope this tool is useful to you. Knowing about SEO is a guarantee of success for your website and now that Linux is becoming more and more popular among companies, it is possible to install a great tool like SEO Spider on Ubuntu 20.04 without any problems.
So, share this post and join our Telegram Channel. Previous articleHow to Configure a Firewall in Ubuntu 20.04 / Debian 10? The SEO Spider is a powerful and flexible site crawler, able to crawl both small and very large websites efficiently, while allowing you to analyse the results in real-time.
It gathers key onsite data to allow SEOs to make informed decisions. Crawl a website instantly and find broken links (404s) and server errors. Bulk export the errors and source URLs to fix, or send to a developer. Find temporary and permanent redirects, identify redirect chains and loops, or upload a list of URLs to audit in a site migration.
Discover exact duplicate URLs with an md5 algorithmic check, partially duplicated elements such as page titles, descriptions or headings and find low content pages. Collect any data from the HTML of a web page using CSS Path, XPath or regex. This might include social meta tags, additional headings, prices, SKUs or more!
View URLs blocked by robots.txt, meta robots or X-Robots-Tag directives such as ‘noindex’ or ‘nofollow’, as well as canonicals and rel=“next” and rel=“prev”.
Quickly create XML Sitemaps and Image XML Sitemaps, with advanced configuration over URLs to include, last modified, priority and change frequency. Connect to the Google Analytics, Search Console and PageSpeed Insights APIs and fetch user and performance data for all URLs in a crawl for greater insight.
Key Takeaways on the Best Screaming Frog Alternatives
Schedule crawls to run at chosen intervals and auto export crawl data to any location, including Google Sheets.
Or automate entirely via command line.
- Track progress of SEO issues and opportunities and see what's changed between crawls.
- Compare staging against production environments using advanced URL Mapping. Find Broken Links, Errors & Redirects. Analyse Page Titles & Meta Data. Review Meta Robots & Directives. Audit hreflang Attributes. Discover Exact Duplicate Pages.
- Spelling & Grammar Checks. Custom Source Code Search. Custom Extraction. Google Analytics Integration. Search Console Integration. PageSpeed Insights Integration. Link Metrics Integration. Forms Based Authentication.
Store & View Raw & Rendered HTML. Free Technical Support. Licences last 1 year. After that you will be required to renew your licence. Find Broken Links, Errors & Redirects. Analyse Page Titles & Meta Data.
Review Meta Robots & Directives. Audit hreflang Attributes. Discover Exact Duplicate Pages. Generate XML Sitemaps. Site Visualisations. Crawl Limit - 500 URLs . Crawl Configuration. Save Crawls & Re-Upload.
Google Analytics Integration. Search Console Integration. PageSpeed Insights Integration. Link Metrics Integration. Forms Based Authentication. Store & View Raw & Rendered HTML.
Free Technical Support. Find Broken Links, Errors & Redirects. Analyse Page Titles & Meta Data. Review Meta Robots & Directives. Audit hreflang Attributes.
Screaming Frog Setup Installer
- Custom robots.txt. AMP Crawling & Validation. Structured Data & Validation. Spelling & Grammar Checks. Custom Source Code Search. Custom Extraction. Google Analytics Integration.
- Search Console Integration. PageSpeed Insights Integration.
- Link Metrics Integration. Forms Based Authentication. Store & View Raw & Rendered HTML. Free Technical Support. * The maximum number of URLs you can crawl is dependent on allocated memory and storage.
Please see our FAQ. Some of the biggest brands & agencies use our software. The SEO Spider is regularly featured in top publications.
- It’s Time to Dump CoSchedule: 9 Better Alternatives [2022 Edition] - February 25, 2022. 11 Best Sendible Alternatives & Competitors  - February 25, 2022. 9 Volusion Alternatives & Competitors - December 8, 2021. Last Updated on September 8, 2020 by .
- Ok, let’s be honest. You’ve heard about it before. And you’re probably aware that Screaming Frog is, by far, one of the leading SEO analysis tools for marketers, but are there any screaming frog alternatives worth buying? If you are looking for some serious search engine optimization, then you’re going to have to take the time to invest in the best tools to help you on your SEO quest. With 61% of marketers prioritizing on SEO as their principal inbound marketing strategy, the recent exponential uptake of auditing tools like Screaming Frog comes as no surprise.
- All things considered, Screaming Frog is particularly prominent among all levels of digital marketers.
What is New in the Screaming Frog Latest Version?
We love it for its efficiency at crawling websites extensively to capture large amounts of data within a relatively short period of time.A complete website crawl generates a comprehensive assessment of links, meta-data, media, scripts, and many more aspects that are relevant to your overall ranking.
- Now, the devil is always in the details. That’s why the resultant information has always been extremely valuable to marketers when it comes to reviewing and readjusting their SEO strategies.
- In fact, this is one of the primary tactics that have seen 82% of digital marketers acknowledge that their overall SEO is progressively improving. But, the few that know just how to best capitalize on such strategies make up only 42% of the group. And guess what? They’re actually generating pretty impressive results, going by the claim that their SEO effectiveness is growing substantially.
- Of course, we all want to be part of that league of legends. And this sometimes entails extending past your comfort zone to sample other available tools. If you’ve used Screaming Frog, you’ve probably noticed a couple of weaknesses here and there. The most outstanding one, I admit, has got to be the pricing.
- Now hang on a moment. Don’t get me wrong. Perhaps unsurprisingly, £149.00 every 12 months might not seem like that big of a deal at first. But, take a step back and look at this critically. That price tag, admittedly, would start looking like a mountain of a hurdle when you consider the combined bills a typical ecommerce enterprise settles to stay afloat.
- We’re already paying for multiple other tools. So many small businesses cannot afford to take such a quote lying down. However, to be fair, Screaming Frog also provides a free version. But, all in all, it’s just as useless as boxing gloves in a kicking contest. Ok, it might be that bad. But here’s the thing. It can only generate sitemaps, discover duplicate pages, audit hreflang attributes, analyze meta-robots and directives, review page titles and meta-data, plus find broken links, errors, and redirects.
- The meatiest, most critical features, on the other hand, are exclusive to the costly paid package.
- And it stinks, to say the least. Especially when you also consider the extra features that might be missing from Screaming Frog’s offerings. Thankfully, the search spider industry is nothing close to a one or two horse race.
- So we’ll explore multiple top alternatives you can go for if Screaming Frog doesn’t feel like your ideal SEO diagnostics solution. And you know what? We’ll also throw in a couple of free alternatives with many more functionalities.
- So, let’s get down to it. Table of Contents. 1 Top Screaming Frog Alternative. 2 Best Free Screaming Frog Alternatives. Xenu is essentially a desktop application developed for PCs, selling itself as a solution for reviewing your site’s broken links.
What can you do with the SEO Spider Tool?
But, here’s the interesting bit. As they continued leveraging it, many experts established that Xenu is actually more than that. It can do a lot more stuff, some even better than Screaming Frog. Come to think of it, it’s strange how most of its users don’t know much about its builder, a German called Hausher.
What is rather obvious, however, is the fact that he’s seemingly not interested in your money. Yes, you’ve guessed right. Xenu is entirely free, to begin with. Hausher probably created it out of boredom more than 10 years ago. Or perhaps he thought of it as a contribution to a community he was passionate about.
Well, your guess is as good as mine. All I know is that he deserves a whole-hearted “thank-you” for Xenu’s capabilities. One of the first things you’ll notice is its blazing speeds. Although a comparatively expansive website might take you a while, Xenu can comb through a typical site with thousands of pages like a supercharged machine.
But, here’s the fundamental question. How does Xenu graduate from a simple link checker to an SEO auditing tool?
Pretty simple actually. Xenu’s link assessment engine principally maneuvers like a crawler.