Pioneer of war strategy games "Clash of Kings", Annual offering - 7th Anniversary Celebration will begin on 15th July!Highlight 1: New face for the old city!Change the old look for the new seven year anniversary castle skin, login to receive the new look for your city (permanent skin)!
The new night city is the start of a new era!Highlight 2: New heroes and new soldiers!Summon the Dark Night Lords and lead the Dark Night Legion! New heroes and soldiers, new tactical combinations!Highlight 3: New CoK ChessCoK Chess!
Instant matches, the ultimate experience of live strategic combat!Highlight 4: Welfare events!During the anniversary, there will be a lot of rich benefits! Double gift packs, gold fountains, comrades reuniting to share the global feast!Highlight 5: New BattlefieldBrand new CoK battlefield, international melee, packed with unprecedented intensity and combat!Introduction and notice about the subscription function in Clash of Kings (CoK):1.
Name of the service: Subscription2. After you subscribe, this service will automatically renew your subscription. If you choose to enable this service, we treat it as you permit Clash of Kings to receive the fee due in advance from your iTunes account (referred to as Account below) before the current subscription is about to end.
The pre-conditions for this service to be effective are that the iTunes account which subscribed to the privilege service is also linked to the Game Center ID bound to the above game account.
- To ensure the recurring subscription fee can be deducted accordingly.
- If the renewal fails because there are not enough funds available in the above account, you are responsible for any and all issues which can arise from your failure to comply with the conditions of the subscription you chose to digitally contract service for.3.
- Within 24 hours before the current subscription ends, the game account which purchased the service of automatic renewal will retrieve the fee for subscription from the corresponding iTunes account.4.
- If you want to cancel the subscription, please tap the Setting of your iPhone-->iTunes Store and App Store-->Tap on "Apple ID"-->"Check Apple ID"-->"Account setting" page-->tap on "Subscription" and choose XX to cancel the subscription.5.
If you don’t cancel the subscription at least 24 hours before the current subscription ends, the subscription will renew automatically.6. The time of deducting your balance might be different from the time when the renewal takes effect.
Will people take to using the digital yuan app?
- 7.34 UpdateEvent Preview1. Ramadan Fanous3. Ramadan Store4. Hero Growth Trials - Saladin, Richard the Lionheart5. Ready for the fightUpdates:1. Updated Ramadan theme user interface and login image.2. Added soldier puncture and tough attributes in the lord's profile.3.
- Adjusted daily sign-up rewards for April. I guess this is a lot better than clash of kings the west. but its still the same concept. If you want to grow fast, you need to pay (if u want to just grow slowly, you dont have to pay, that's why i said its optional). When u pay, next thing you know you have invested a lot on this and then later on, leave the alliance and or uninstall the game.
- I have played clash of kings and went back and forth on it since 2015. it was cool then. New players and friends around the world💖. The game is free but its very tempting to buy the packs, boosts and recommendations so beware. If you want a chillax game, this is not good for you.
It gets overwhelming once other alliance starts to attack not to mention Kingdom Event(kill event). Other castles from different kingdom will attack you and your alliance. Most of the time the game glitches and freezes.
So after you restart and go back to the game, you got attacked already😭. I hope the developers fix the bugs and glitches. Since this game is an international game, make it work so everyone around the world can enjoy it.
Especially the notifications. It keeps saying I have 2 notifications but when I click it, there is nothing to collect🤷🏻♀️. Also the auto translate here is great!⭐️ I dont have a hard time tapping my screen a lot of times just to translate what my members are saying🤦🏻♀️. I have played this game for over and month and enjoy the game.
Who operates the digital yuan app?
- The one-star review. is my attempt to point out the inept management of the game by the developers. The game frequently runs unannounced server maintenance which interrupts game play. These interruptions do not result in a freezing of the game. however..everything continues to run in the background. I had just set a group attack and was rallying troops from my alliance members when the game went into maintenance.
- as a result of this. what was an easy battle win turned into half my troops being destroyed. A whole week worth of troops training. resource gathering. and in-game current expenditures was wiped out in an instant because the developers don't have the courtesy to inform players that maintenance will occur.
- Even a minute's notice would have saved my investment. When I contacted them to complain and ask for compensation. I got an incoherent apology saying that they were sorry for the inconvenience. Stealing my investment in their game through bad faith actions is not an inconvenience.
- it's theft!Coupled with the random app glitches. the constant stream of ads to buy in-game currency. and the events all designed to make you spend resources and kill off your troops.
- I realize this game is just a cash cow for the developers. You can find another game that is better developed with more responsive customer service.
- Play something else! We apologize if this has caused you any inconvenience. We are currently optimizing this feature for the game's future versions.
- The game can be fun and there are some cool people to met. However there is a prolific problem with external software that exploits the game allowing some players have an unfair advantage against other players (at least one alliance mandates the use of it). Were this software available to everyone I supposed it would be almost fair.
Where is the digital yuan app available?
However， all of the information regarding these exploitations are only in Chinese. One would have to some familiarity with the language， I minored in Mandarin， to even locate this software and then enough mastery to setup the software to exploit the game.
I have combed through several of the public alliance boards and this data is only present in the Chinese language. Temporary player accounts will periodically post links to the services that will charge players a fee to use these exploits to automate farming and cheat the system to increase resources. Feel free to verify these claims: find posts that are neatly formatted with a lot of brackets; "QQ" and a contact number are almost always included; an unnamed player will spam the general chat with Chinese and "t.a.o.b.a.o."Saurav Kumar Chachan
- followed by a number (go to taobao . com and then search for that number it will bring up one of these exploit apps to purchase); and those that use these exploits seem to have a clockwork-like ability to recuperate.
- If you insist on playing the game please feel free to do so and enjoy the attack of the robots! The developer, ELEX Wireless, indicated that the app’s privacy practices may include handling of data as described below.
- The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:. Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
- Pile of Gold$4.99. Heap of Gold$9.99. A Box of Gold$99.99. Mound of Gold$19.99. Sack of Gold$49.99. Monthly Gift$24.99. Monthly Subscription$4.99.
- Royal Privilege$19.99. Decoration Gift$4.99. Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements. Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.
- Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Korean, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Indonesian, Malay, Thai, Vietnamese, Arabic, Turkish.
- WeChat (Chinese: 微信; pinyin: Wēixìn (listen); lit. 'micro-message') is a Chinese multi-purpose instant messaging, social media and mobile paymentapp developed by Tencent.
- First released in 2011, it became the world's largest standalone mobile app in 2018, with over 1 billion monthly active users. WeChat has been described as China's "app for everything" and a "super app" because of its wide range of functions. WeChat provides text messaging, hold-to-talk voice messaging, broadcast (one-to-many) messaging, video conferencing, video games, sharing of photographs and videos and location sharing.
- User activity on WeChat is analyzed, tracked and shared with Chinese authorities upon request as part of the mass surveillance network in China. WeChat censors politically sensitive topics in China. Data transmitted by accounts registered outside China is surveilled, analyzed and used to build up censorship algorithms in China..
- In response to a border dispute between India and China, WeChat was banned in India in June 2020 along with several Chinese apps. U.S.
- President Donald Trump sought to ban U.S. "transactions" with WeChat through an executive order but was blocked by a preliminary injunction issued in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California in September 2020..
- By 2010, Tencent had already attained a massive user base with their desktop messenger app QQ. Recognizing smart phones were likely to disrupt this status quo, CEO Pony Ma sought to proactively invest in alternatives to their own QQ messenger app..
- WeChat began as a project at Tencent Guangzhou Research and Project center in October 2010. The original version of the app was created by Allen Zhang and named "Weixin" (微信) by Pony Ma and launched in 2011.
- User adoption of WeChat was initially very slow, with users wondering why key features were missing; however, after the release of the Walkie-talkie-like voice messaging feature in May of that year, growth surged. By 2012, when the number of users reached 100 million, Weixin was re-branded "WeChat" for the international market..
- During a period of government support of e-commerce development—for example in the 12th five-year plan (2011–2015)—WeChat also saw new features enabling payments and commerce in 2013, which saw massive adoption after their virtual Red envelope promotion for Chinese New Year 2014..
- WeChat had over 889 million monthly active users by 2016, and as of 2019 WeChat's monthly active users had risen to an estimate of one billion.
- WeChat provides many features similar to Snapchat such as text messaging, hold-to-talk voice messaging, broadcast (one-to-many) messaging, video calls and conferencing, video games, photograph and video sharing, as well as location sharing. WeChat also allows users to exchange contacts with people nearby via Bluetooth, as well as providing various features for contacting people at random if desired (if people are open to it).
- It can also integrate with other social networking services such as Facebook and Tencent QQ. Photographs may also be embellished with filters and captions, and automatic translation service is available.
- WeChat supports different instant messaging methods, including text messages, voice messages, walkie talkie, and stickers. Users can send previously saved or live pictures and videos, profiles of other users, coupons, lucky money packages, or current GPS locations with friends either individually or in a group chat.
- WeChat's character stickers, such as Tuzki, resemble and compete with those of LINE, a Japanese-South Korean messaging application..
- WeChat also provides a message recall feature to allow users to recall and withdraw information (e.g.
- Images, documents) that are sent within 2 minutes in a conversation. To use this feature, users can select the message or file to be recalled by long pressing.
- In the menu that appears select 'recall' and 'ok' to complete the withdrawal process. Eventually, the selected messages or files will be removed from the WeChat chatting box on both the sender’s and recipient’s phones.
- WeChat users can register as a public account (公众号), which enables them to push feeds to subscribers, interact with subscribers and provide them with services.
- Users can also create an official account, which fall under service, subscription, or enterprise accounts.
- Once users as individuals or organizations set up a type of account, they cannot change it to another type.
By the end of 2014, the number of WeChat official accounts had reached 8 million. Official accounts of organizations can apply to be verified (cost 300 RMB or about US$45).
- Official accounts can be used as a platform for services such as hospital pre-registrations, visa renewal or credit card service. To create an official account, the applicant must register with Chinese authorities, which discourages "foreign companies"..
- "Moments" (朋友圈) is WeChat's brand name for its social feed of friends' updates. "Moments" is an interactive platform that allows users to post images, text, and short videos taken by users.
- It also allows users to share articles and music (associated with QQ Music or other web-based music services).
- Friends in the contact list can give thumbs up to the content and leave comments.
- Moments can be linked to Facebook and Twitter accounts, and can automatically post Moments content directly on these two platforms..
- In 2017 WeChat had a policy of a maximum of two advertisements per day per Moments user..
- Privacy in WeChat works by groups of friends: only the friends from the user's contact are able to view their Moments' contents and comments.
The friends of the user will only be able to see the likes and comments from other users only if they are in a mutual friend group. For example, friends from high school are not able to see the comments and likes from friends from a university.
Can I use e-CNY?
- When users post their moments, they can separate their friends into a few groups, and they can decide whether this Moment can be seen by particular groups of people. Contents posted can be set to "Private", and then only the user can view it.
- Users who have provided bank account information may use the app to pay bills, order goods and services, transfer money to other users, and pay in stores if the stores have a WeChat payment option.
- Vetted third parties, known as "official accounts", offer these services by developing lightweight "apps within the app". Users can link their Chinese bank accounts, as well as Visa, MasterCard and JCB..
- WeChat Pay (微信支付) is a digital wallet service incorporated into WeChat, which allows users to perform mobile payments and send money between contacts..
Although users receive immediate notification of the transaction, the WeChat Pay system is not an instant payment instrument, because the funds transfer between counterparts is not immediate. The settlement time depends on the payment method chosen by the customer.
Can foreigners use e-CNY at the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics?
- All WeChat users have their own WeChat Payment accounts. Users can acquire a balance by linking their WeChat account to their debit cards, or by receiving money from other users.
- For non-Chinese users of WeChat Pay, an additional identity verification process of providing a photo of a valid ID is required before certain functions of WeChat Pay become available.
- Users who link their credit card can only make payments to vendors, and cannot use this to top up WeChat balances. WeChat Pay can be used for digital payments, as well as payments from participating vendors. As of March 2016, WeChat Pay had over 300 million users..
- WeChat Pay's main competitor in China and the market leader in online payments is Alibaba Group's Alipay.
What is e-CNY?
- Alibaba company founder Jack Ma considered the red envelope feature to be a "Pearl Harbor moment", as it began to erode Alipay's historic dominance in the online payments industry in China, especially in peer-to-peer money transfer.
- The success prompted Alibaba to launch its own version of virtual red envelopes in its competing Laiwang service.
- Other competitors, Baidu Wallet and Sina Weibo, also launched similar features.. In 2019 it was reported that WeChat had overtaken Alibaba with 800 million active WeChat mobile payment users versus 520 million for Alibaba's Alipay. However Alibaba had a 54 per cent share of the Chinese mobile online payments market in 2017 compared to WeChat's 37 per cent share. In the same year, Tencent introduced "WeChat Pay HK", a payment service for users in Hong Kong.
- Transactions are carried out with the Hong Kong dollar. In 2019 it was reported that Chinese users can use WeChat Pay in 25 countries outside China, including, Italy, South Africa and the UK..
- For work purposes, companies and business communication, a special version of WeChat called Enterprise WeChat (or Qiye Weixin) was launched in 2016. The app was meant to help employees separate work from private life. In addition to the usual chat features, the program let companies and their employees keep track of annual leave days and expenses that need to be reimbursed, employees could ask for time off or clock in to show they were at work..
In January 2018, WeChat announced a record of 580,000 mini programs. With one Mini Program, consumers could scan the Quick Response code using their mobile phone at a supermarket counter and pay the bill through the user's WeChat mobile wallet. WeChat Games have received huge popularity, with its "Jump Jump" game attracting 400 million players in less than 3 days and attaining 100 million daily active users in just two weeks after its launch, as of January 2018..
Is e-CNY a type of cryptocurrency?
- In 2020, WeChat Channels was launched, which is a short video platform within WeChat that allows users to create and share short video clips and photos to their own WeChat Channel.
- Users of Channels can also discover content posted to other Channels by others via the in-built feed. Each post can include hashtags, a location tag, a short description, and a link to an WeChat official account article. In September 2021, it was reported that WeChat Channels began allowing users to upload hour-long videos, twice of the duration limit previously imposed on all WeChat Channels videos.
- Comparisons are often drawn between WeChat Channels and Tiktok (or Douyin) for their similarity in features.. In January 2022, there were reports that WeChat is set to diversify further and place more emphasis on new products and services like WeChat Channels, amid new regulatory restrictions imposed in China..
- By June 2021, WeChat Channels had accumulated over 200 million users. More than 27 million people had used the platform to watch Irish boy band Westlife's online concert in 2021, and 15 million users also viewed the Shenzhou 12 spaceflight launch using the app service..
- In 2015, WeChat offered a heat map feature that showed crowd density. Quartz columnist Josh Horwitz alleged the feature is being used by the Chinese government to track irregular assemblies of people to determine unlawful assembly..
- In January 2016, Tencent launched WeChat Out, a VOIP service allowing users to call mobile phones and landlines around the world. The feature allowed purchasing credit within the app using a credit card.
- WeChat Out was originally only available in the United States, India, and Hong Kong, but later coverage was expanded to Thailand, Macau, Laos, and Italy.. In March 2017, Tencent released WeChat Index.
By inserting a search term in the WeChat Index page, users could check the popularity of this term in the past 7, 30, or 90 days. The data was mined from data in official WeChat accounts and metrics such as social sharing, likes and reads were used in the evaluation.
- In May 2017, Tencent started news feed and search functions for its WeChat app. The Financial Times reported this was a "direct challenge to Chinese search engine Baidu"..
- WeChat allowed people to add friends by a variety of methods, including searching by username or phone number, adding from phone or email contacts, playing a "message in a bottle" game, or viewing nearby people who are also using the same service.
- In 2015 WeChat added a "friend radar" function.. In 2017, WeChat was reported to be developing an augmented reality (AR) platform as part of its service offering.
- Its artificial intelligence team was working on a 3D rendering engine to create a realistic appearance of detailed objects in smartphone-based AR apps.
- They were also developing a simultaneous localization and mapping technology, which would help calculate the position of virtual objects relative to their environment, enabling AR interactions without the need for markers, such as Quick Response codes or special images..
- In late 2019, WeChat released dark theme for Android users. It was released later in early 2020 for iOS amidst rumors that WeChat would be removed from the Apple store if they do not release dark theme..
- In spring 2020, WeChat users are now able to change their WeChat ID more than once, being allowed to change their username only once per year. Prior to this, a WeChat ID could not be changed more than once.
- On 17 June 2020, WeChat released a new add-on called "WeChat Nudge". The feature was first introduced in MSN Messenger 7.0, in 2005.
- The feature was called Buzz in Yahoo! Messenger and the feature had interoperability with MSN Messenger's Nudge. Similar to Messenger and Yahoo, users can access WeChat Nudge by double-clicking on other users' profiles in the chat.
- This virtually shakes user's profile photo and sends a vibration notification. Both users must have the latest wechat update(7.0.13).
Does the digital yuan app allow peer-to-peer transfers?
- If a user does not have the latest update they can't nudge another user but can still receive nudges. A user can only nudge another user if they have previous conversations. Newly added friends without previous messages cannot nudge each other..
- On January 21, 2021, WeChat released its iOS Version 8.0. WeChat has added the function of animated emoji, such as the emojis of Bomb, Fireworks, and Celebration. When sending or receiving them from the chat box, an explosion animation will pop up ..
- WeChat Business (微商) is one of the latest mobile social network business model after e-commerce, which utilizes business relationships and friendships to maintain a customer relationship. Comparing with the traditional E-business like JD.com and Alibaba, WeChat Business has a large range of influence and profits with less input and lower threshold, which attracts lots of people to join in WeChat business..
- This is the main profit mode of WeChat Business. The first one is to launch advertisements and provide services through the WeChat Official Account, which is a B2C mode.
- This mode has been used by many hospitals, banks, fashion brands, internet companies and personal blogs because the Official Account can access online payment, location sharing, voice messages, and mini-games.
- It is like a 'mini app', so the company has to hire specific staff to manage the account. By 2015, there were more than 100 million WeChat Official Accounts on this platform..
- WeChat salesperson in this mode is for promoting products by individuals, which belongs to C2C mode. In this mode, individual sellers post relevant photos and messages of their agent products on the WeChat Moments or WeChat groups and sell products to their WeChat friends.
- Besides, they develop friendships with their customers by sending messages in festivals or write comments under their updates on WeChat moments to increase their trust.
Also, continuing to communicate with the regular customers raises the 'WOF' (word-of-mouth) communications, which influences decision-making. Some WeChat businessmen already have an online shop in Taobao, but use WeChat to maintain existing customers..
How does the digital yuan app and digital wallet work?
- As more and more people have joined WeChat Business, it has brought many problems. For example, some sellers have begun to sell fake luxury goods such as bags, clothes and watches.
- Some of them have special channels to obtain high-quality fake luxury products and sell them at a low price.
- Moreover, some sellers have even disguised themselves as international flight attendants or overseas students to post fake stylish photos on WeChat Moments.
- They then claim that they can provide overseas purchasing services but sell fake luxury goods at the same price as the true ones. Other popular products selling on WeChat are facial masks.
- The marketing mode is like that of Amway but most goods are unbranded products which come from illegal factories making excess hormones which could have serious effects on customers' health. However, it is difficult for customers to defend their rights because a large number of sellers' identities are uncertified.
- Additionally, the lack of any supervision mechanism in WeChat business also provides opportunities for criminals to continue this illegal behavior..
- In a 2016 campaign, users could upload a paid photo on "Moments" and other users could pay to see the photo and comment on it. The photos were taken down each night..
How is the digital yuan app different from other mobile payment methods?
- In 2014, Burberry partnered with WeChat to create its own WeChat apps around its fall 2014 runway show, giving users live streams from the shows. Another brand, Michael Kors used WeChat to give live updates from their runway show, and later to run a photo contest "Chic Together WeChat campaign"..
- In 2016, L'Oréal China cooperated with Papi Jiang to promote their products. Over one million people watched her first video promoting L'Oreal's beauty brand MG..
- In 2016, WeChat partnered with 60 Italian companies (WeChat had an office in Milan) who were able to sell their products and services on the Chinese market without having to get a license to operate a business in China. In 2017, Andrea Ghizzoni, European director of Tencent, said that 95 percent of global luxury brands used WeChat..
- WeChat's mobile phone app is available only to Android and iOS.BlackBerry, Windows Phone, and Symbian phones were supported before. However, as of 22 September 2017, WeChat was no longer working on Windows Phones. The company ceased the development of the app for Windows Phones before the end of 2017.
- Although Web-based OS X and Windows clients exist, this requires the user to have the app installed on a supported mobile phone for authentication, and neither message roaming nor 'Moments' are provided. Thus, without the app on a supported phone, it is not possible to use the web-based WeChat clients on the computer.
- The company also provides WeChat for Web, a web-based client with messaging and file transfer capabilities. Other functions cannot be used on it, such as the detection of nearby people, or interacting with Moments or Official Accounts.
- To use the Web-based client, it is necessary to first scan a QR code using the phone app. This means it is not possible to access the WeChat network if a user does not possess a suitable smartphone with the app installed..
- WeChat could be accessed on Windows using BlueStacks until December 2014. After that, WeChat blocked Android emulators and accounts that have signed in from emulators may be frozen..
- There have been some reported issues with the Web client. Specifically when using English, some users have experienced autocorrect, autocomplete, auto-capitalization, and auto-delete behavior as they type messages and even after the message was sent.
- For example, "gonna" was autocorrected to "go", the E's were auto-deleted in "need", "wechat" was auto-capitalized to "Wechat" but not "WeChat", and after the message was sent, "don't" got auto-corrected to "do not".
- However, the auto-corrected word(s) after the message was sent appeared on the phone app as the user had originally typed it ("don't" was seen on the phone app whereas "do not" was seen on the Web client). Users could translate a foreign language during a conversation and the words were posted on Moments..
- WeChat opens up video calls for multiple people not only for a one-person call. WeChat operates from China under Chinese law, which includes strong censorship provisions and interception protocols. Its parent company is obliged to share data with the Chinese government under the China Internet Security Law and National Intelligence Law. WeChat can access and expose the text messages, contact books, and location histories of its users. Due to WeChat's popularity, the Chinese government uses WeChat as a data source to conduct mass surveillance in China..
- Some states and regions such as India, Australia the United States, and Taiwan fear that the app poses a threat to national or regional security for various reasons. In June 2013, the Indian Intelligence Bureau flagged WeChat for security concerns.
- India has debated whether or not they should ban WeChat for the possibility that too much personal information and data could be collected from its users. In Taiwan, legislators were concerned that the potential exposure of private communications was a threat to regional security.
- In 2016, Tencent was awarded a score of zero out of 100 in an Amnesty International report ranking technology companies on the way they implement encryption to protect the human rights of their users. The report placed Tencent last out of a total of 11 companies, including Facebook, Apple, and Google, for the lack of privacy protections built into WeChat and QQ.
- The report found that Tencent did not make use of end-to-end encryption, which is a system that allows only the communicating users to read the messages. It also found that Tencent did not recognize online threats to human rights, did not disclose government requests for data, and did not publish specific data about its use of encryption..
- Additionally, metadata related to the communications between WeChat users—including call times, duration, and location information—was also collected.
- This information, which was used by Tencent for targeted advertising and marketing purposes, might be disclosed to representatives of the Chinese government:.
- To comply with an applicable law or regulations. To comply with a court order, subpoena, or other legal process. In response to a request by a government authority, law enforcement agency, or similar body.
- In May 2020, Citizen Lab published a study which claimed that WeChat monitors foreign chats to hone its censorship algorithms.. On August 14, 2020, Radio Free Asia reported that in 2019, Gao Zhigang, a citizen of Taiyuan city, Shanxi Province, China, used WeChat to forward a video to his friend Geng Guanjun in USA.
- Gao was later convicted on the charge of the crime “picking quarrels and provoking troubles”, and sentenced to ten-months imprisonment.
- The Court documents show that China's network management and propaganda departments directly monitor WeChat users, and the Chinese police used big data facial technology to identify Geng Guanjun as an overseas democracy activist..
- In September 2020, Chevron Corporation mandated that its employees delete WeChat from company-issued phones.. Users inside and outside of China also have expressed concern for the privacy issues of the app.
- Human rights activist Hu Jia was jailed for three years for sedition. He speculated that the officials of the Internal Security Bureau of the Ministry of Public Security listened to his voicemail messages that were directed to his friends, repeating the words displayed within the voice mail messages to Hu Jia.
- Chinese authorities have further accused the WeChat app of threatening individual safety. China Central Television (CCTV), a state-run broadcaster, featured a piece in which WeChat was described as an app that helped criminals due to its location-reporting features.
- CCTV gave an example of such accusations through reporting the murder of a single woman who, after he attempted to rob her, was murdered by a man she met on WeChat.
- The location-reporting feature, according to reports, was the reason for the man knowing the victim's whereabouts. Authorities within China have linked WeChat to numerous crimes.
- The city of Hangzhou, for example, reported over twenty crimes related to WeChat in the span of three months.. In 2015, Apple published a list of the top 25 most popular apps infected with the XcodeGhost malware, confirming earlier reports that version 6.2.5 of WeChat for iOS was infected with it. The malware originated in a counterfeit version of Xcode (dubbed "XcodeGhost"), Apple's software development tools, and made its way into the compiled app through a modified framework. Despite Apple's review process, WeChat and other infected apps were approved and distributed through the App Store.
- Even though some sources claimed that the malware was capable of prompting the user for their account credentials, opening URLs and reading the device's clipboard, Apple responded that the malware was not capable of doing "anything malicious" or transmitting any personally identifiable information beyond "apps and general system information" and that it had no information that suggested that this had happened. Some commentators considered this to be the largest security breach in the App Store's history..
- In June 2020, the Government of India banned WeChat along with 58 other Chinese apps citing data and privacy issues, in response to a border clash between India and China earlier in the year. The banned Chinese apps were "stealing and surreptitiously transmitting users’ data in an unauthorized manner to servers which have locations outside India," and was "hostile to national security and defense of India", claimed India's Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology..
On 6 May 2017, Russia blocked access to WeChat for failing to give its contact details to the Russian communications watchdog. The ban was swiftly lifted on 11 May 2017 after Tencent provided "relevant information" for registration to the Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media (Roskomnadzor)..
On August 6, 2020, U.S. President Donald Trump signed an executive order, invoking the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, seeking to ban WeChat in the U.S.
What is the value of e-CNY?
in 45 days, due to its connections with the Chinese-owned Tencent. This was signed alongside a similar executive order targeting TikTok and its Chinese-owned ByteDance..
Can I buy e-CNY?
Notorious Markets list
- The Department of Commerce issued orders on September 18, 2020 to enact the ban on WeChat and TikTok by the end of September 20, 2020, citing national security and data privacy concerns. The measures ban the transferring of funds or processing through WeChat in the U.S.
- and bar any company from offering hosting, content delivery networks or internet transit to WeChat.. On June 9, 2021, U.S.
- President Joe Biden signed an executive order revoking the ban on WeChat and TikTok. Instead, he directed the commerce secretary to investigate foreign influence enacted through the apps..
- In 2022, the Office of the United States Trade Representative added WeChat's ecommerce ecosystem to its list of Notorious Markets for Counterfeiting and Piracy..
- Starting in 2013, reports arose that Chinese-language searches even outside China were being keyword filtered and then blocked. This occurred on incoming traffic to China from foreign countries but also exclusively between foreign parties (the service had already censored its communications within China).
- In the international example of blocking, a message was displayed on users' screens: "The message "南方周末" your message contains restricted words.
- Please check it again." These are the Chinese characters for a Guangzhou-based paper called Southern Weekly (or, alternatively, Southern Weekend).
- The next day Tencent released a statement addressing the issue saying "A small number of WeChat international users were not able to send certain messages due to a technical glitch this Thursday.
- Immediate actions have been taken to rectify it. We apologize for any inconvenience it has caused to our users. We will continue to improve the product features and technological support to provide a better user experience."
- WeChat planned to build two different platforms to avoid this problem in the future; one for the Chinese mainland and one for the rest of the world.
- The problem existed because WeChat's servers were all located in China and thus subjected to its censorship rules.. Following the overwhelming victory of pro-democracy candidates in the 2019 Hong Kong local elections WeChat censored messages related to the election and disabled the accounts of posters in other countries such as U.S.
- and Canada. Many of those targeted were of Chinese ancestry.. In 2020, WeChat started censoring messages concerning the COVID-19 pandemic..
WeChat Pay digital payment services
- In December 2020 WeChat blocked a post by Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison during a diplomatic spat between Australia and China.
- In his WeChat post Morrison had criticized a doctored image posted by a Chinese diplomat and praised the Chinese-Australian community. According to Reuters the company claimed to have blocked the post for "violated regulations, including distorting historical events and confusing the public."
- In 2016, the Citizen Lab published a report saying that WeChat was using different censorship policies in mainland China and other areas.
- They found that:. Keyword filtering was only enabled for users who registered via phone numbers from mainland China;. Users did not get notices anymore when messages are blocked;.
Filtering was more strict on group chat;.
- Keywords were not static.
- Some newfound censored keywords were in response to current news events;.
- The Internal browser in WeChat blocked Chinese accounts from accessing some websites such as gambling, Falun Gong and critical reports on China.
International users were not blocked except for accessing some gambling and pornography websites. In 2014, WeChat announced that according to "related regulations", domains of the web pages that want to get shared in WeChat Moments need to get an Internet Content Provider (ICP) license by 31 December 2014 to avoid being restricted by WeChat..
In September 2013, WeChat was blocked in Iran. The Iranian authorities cited WeChat Nearby (Friend Radar) and the spread of pornographic content as the reason of censorship.
The Committee for Determining Instances of Criminal Content (a working group under the supervision of the attorney general) website FAQ says:.
Because WeChat collects phone data and monitors member activity and because app developers are outside of the country and not cooperating, this software has been blocked, so you can use domestic applications for cheap voice calls, video calls and messaging.
On 4 January 2018, WeChat was unblocked in Iran.. On July 6, 2021, several WeChat accounts associated with China's university campuses LGBTQ movement were blocked and then deleted without warning.
Some of the accounts, which consisted of a mix of registered student clubs and unofficial grassroots groups had operated for years as safe spaces for China's LGBTQ youth, with tens of thousands of followers.
Many of the closed WeChat accounts display messages saying that they had "violated" Internet regulations, without giving further details, with account names being deleted and replaced with "unnamed", with a notice claiming that all content was blocked and accounts were suspended after receiving relevant complaints.
State surveillance and intelligence gathering
Today, as different mobile apps meet our distinctive needs, various apps of varied niches are available in the market.
While looking a little closer at these apps, you will know that each supports a specific section of our lives by meeting our different needs and cultivating a habit of coming back to them every day. This habit makes the users check the apps regularly without even thinking much about them.
Like, for entertainment, we tap on YouTube to capture a moment we sign in to Snapchat or Instagram and more. Moreover, to talk to a friend, we open zoom.
Every app, as mentioned above, engages users and makes them visit again, and builds up loyal users.
Facebook is the number one app used that is free to download and the most used smartphone app.
As per the downloads and revenue of apps recorded in Q2 2021, TikTok is the number one and the most popular app.
The photo-sharing app, Instagram, is trending nowadays and is likely to engage more users in the upcoming years also. We can say this by reviewing its past stats.
For example, as per the records, in 2019, Instagram held about 815 million users, and by 2023, it’s likely to reach approximately 1.2 billion users. So, the future of Instagram is quite bright.
Well, we can’t come up with the name of the most successful app of all time. But, as per the latest stats, the top apps are Whatsapp, Instagram, Facebook, and more. Still, if you want to come up with the most popular app idea, you can check out the above-mentioned apps’ statistics thoroughly.
As per the records of Q1 2021, Facebook reported 3.51+ billion monthly active users, which is quite a significant figure compared to other apps.
Various types of apps from different industries are in demand, like food delivery apps, online payment wallets, healthcare apps, educational apps, and more.
You can check out our article holding 200+ best mobile app ideas that will trend in upcoming years.
When it comes to developing an app, you can choose from these three options:
> Hire an app development company,
> Hire an app development freelancer, or
> Build an app yourself (if you hold the required skills).
If you find it confusing, you can ease your job by checking out our article, “How to create an app?”.
We can make money with an app through:
> In-App Advertisements
> Freemium Upsell
> In-App Purchases
> Subscription and more.
There are more best ways to earn money with an app. Check out our blog to know more.
There are various essential mobile app metrics that you can use to measure the success of your app:
> Number of users
> Screen Flow
> Session Interval
> Session Length
> Time In App
> Lifetime Value (LTV)
Well, it’s not tough to evaluate the success of your app. Still, you can go through our article to understand it better.
The most popular apps save the money and time of the users, are easy to use, and play an essential and everyday role. Users find themselves lost in the absence of such apps. So, you need to ensure that users start seeing your app as valuable, then your app will become popular.
Follow our sure-shot app marketing strategies to make your app popular.
State Department expressed concern that the accounts were deleted when they were merely expressing their views, exercising their right to freedom of expression and freedom of speech.
- Several groups that had their accounts deleted spoke out against the ban with one stating "[W]e hope to use this opportunity to start again with a continued focus on gender and society, and to embrace courage and love"..