While we’ve all been salivating over new hardware releases, news on the next release of Traktor are still a tad thin on the ground.
But to support the hardware PR, Native Instruments has pushed out some detail on the next release of Traktor. Traktor Pro 3 is here (well almost — it’s more an announcement of an announcement), and it’s a single all-encompassing one stop shop that rolls Traktor Scratch into a single version.
Details are slim — we have seen it, and some of the DJWORX team are part of the VIP team so have had a hand in shaping it a little.
But here are the words ahead of the full September 25th announcement:.
TRAKTOR PRO 3 DEMO
- TRAKTOR PRO 3, the full version of which is included with both new hardware releases, is the most stable version of the software yet, and uses the new Elastique 3 time-stretching engine for noticeable audio improvements.
- The user interface has been redesigned with a sharper and flatter look for better readability in club environments, while the intuitive workflow, to which many performers have become accustomed, remains intact.
- Several brand-new features have also been added: TRAKTOR PRO 3 now includes Mixer FX – one-knob effect and filter controls that can be assigned to each channel independently and used for big buildups and transitions.
- And DJs using an external mixer can now route unprocessed audio directly from TRAKTOR, thanks to a new mode that bypasses the software’s internal mixer.
- A full feature set will be announced on September 25.
- Traktor Pro 3 is a progression of the current codebase, but named as v3 to underline the new wave of Traktor activity.
- It is not however the all new version alluded to in this previous announcement.
|Manufacturer||Model||TRAKTOR SCRATCH Certified|
|Allen & Heath||Xone:96|
That will come in the future. But it’s more than just a number change — it looks quite different, and has a number of key additions that reflect in the new hardware.