Want to use your phone’s mobile data on your Windows 10 PC? You’ll learn whatever you want to know about USB tethering in this guide. Click the link below to get to your interested part:. Is it free to use USB tethering? How do I tether my phone on Windows 10? USB tethering not working on Windows 10?
You can share your phone’s mobile data with another device, like your laptop, through tethering. It makes your laptop be able to connect to the Internet when there’s no network connection. There are three types of tethering: USB tethering, Wi-Fi tethering, Bluetooth tethering.
USB tethering has the fastest speed among the three ones. It requires a USB cable to connect your laptop with your phone.
What Is USB Tethering?
But at the same time, it makes your phone suck power from your laptop’s USB port instead of draining. Whether it will cost your money or not, it depends on your carrier.
- In the US, most carriers do charge. You can consult your carrier’s website for further information.
- If you use a third-party tethering app, it’s possible to be free to use USB tethering.
- But even that, sometimes your carrier can still detect your tethering. Then you might have to pay.
- It’s very easy to tether your phone on Windows 10, do these:. 1) Connect your phone with your Windows 10 through a compatible USB cable.
2) Tap Settings on your phone. 3) Tap More networks > Tethering and portable hotspot. Note: You may also find the tethering option under the Mobile Data or Personal Hotspot sections based on different phones.
4) Tap to check USB tethering. 5) If your Windows 10 is in a no wired and no wireless network place, it should then be used this network adapter automatically: Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
It’s your USB tethering connection in the Windows 10. If you see Enabled on it, the tethering is successful. You’re able to access the Internet on your Windows 10. When the USB tethering stops working on your Windows 10, probably the USB tethering driver on your computer is corrupted, old or missing.
Is it free to use USB tethering?
Replacing the driver with the built-in one on your Windows 10 manually, or updating your USB tethering driver via Driver Easy automatically, these two methods can always help you solve the problem.
Update NDIS Driver
- If you are not confident playing around with the drivers manually, or you don’t have the time or patience, we highly recommend you to use Driver Easy to help you solve the driver problem automatically.
- Update your USB tethering driver via Driver Easy automatically [RECOMMENDED].
- Replace the driver with the built-in one on your Windows 10 manually.
Method 2: Replace the driver with the built-in one on your Windows 10 manually
- Driver Easyis a very helpful and credible driver tool.
- It will automatically recognize Windows 10 or any other version of Windows system and find the correct drivers for it.
- You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
- You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy.
- But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):.
1)Downloadand install Driver Easy. 2) Run Driver Easy and clickScan Nowbutton. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.