This copy of Windows is not genuine build 7601 is one of the most common errors faced by Windows 7 users. If you know the proper steps, fixing the copy of Windows is not genuine is easy. This tutorial will share step-by-step instructions to troubleshoot, this copy of Windows that is not genuine build 7601. According to some users, the issue often occurs after installing certain updates, and the desktop background gets fixed to black.
So, without any delay, let us dive in and learn the best ways to fix Windows 7 build 7601 this copy of Windows is not genuine. Nothing can be more annoying than facing Windows 7 build 7600/7601 error that interrupts everything you do on the PC. The message doesn’t disappear on its own.
To deal with it, you need to follow certain steps.
- Here we will explain the workable solution to fix Windows 7 build 7601 not genuine.
Reasons for “Windows 7 build 7601 this copy of Windows is not genuine” error. You are using a pirated copy of the operating system. Forgot to activate Windows after the completion of the trial period.
This Copy of Windows Is Not Genuine FAQ
Windows license is either blocked or expired. Wondering what happened after installing the Windows 7 KB971033 Update?
- Since the Windows 7 KB971033 update comes with Windows Activation Technologies, which helps identify if the version of Windows you are using is legitimate or not, when using a pirated copy of Windows 7 or an improperly activated version of Windows 7, the message “Windows 7 build 7601 this copy of Windows is not genuine” appears at the bottom right corner.
- To fix this error, you can delete the installed update & get rid of Windows 7, not genuine notification.
- Note: Uninstalling Windows update files involves certain risks resulting in the system and installed software malfunctioning that might lead to sudden loss of data.
- Therefore, before uninstalling updates take a complete backup of important data.
- You can use EaseUS Todo backup software for this purpose. Download and install EaseUS Todo Backup. Launch the best backup tool and click the “Select backup contents” button.
You will get to choose from 4 data backup categories, File, Disk, OS, and Mail; click File. On the left, you will see both local and network; expand the directory > choose the files that you want to backup.
This Copy of Windows Is Not Genuine Build 7600/7601
Click Next, and follow the prompts > select the destination to store the backup > hit Backup Now. Note: If you want you can encrypt the backup using a password. Moreover, to schedule backup click Options under Backup Options > click Backup Scheme > set the schedule.
- From here, you can check other options too. Save the backup on either the internal storage drive or EaseUS Cloud, or NAS.
- To save data backup on a third-party cloud drive choose Local Drive > Add the Cloud Device > log in to your account and start the backup process.
- However, if you want to save data on EaseUS cloud drive, click the EaseUS Cloud option > Sign into your EaseUS Account > and you are ready to take a backup.
- To start the process, click “Backup Now.” Once the backup is finished EaseUS Todo Backup will notify by displaying the information in form of a card.
- To manage the backup task, right-click on it. After the backup is taken, follow these steps to delete Windows Update KB971033.
- In the Windows search bar type “Control Panel”. Go to “Programs and Features” > “View installed updates”.
This Copy of Windows Is Not Genuine Build 7601 Fix
Wait for all Windows updates to load > locate update “KB971033” > hit Uninstall. To remove the not genuine error message, Windows 7 provides a built-in, not genuine removal tool that helps fix the message.
- Windows Server License Manager Script short for SLMGR and REARM, are the commands that will help reset the licensing status of your Windows 7.
- To use the command follow these steps: . Open elevated Command Prompt.
- Type SLMGR -REARM > hit Enter key. Click ok to confirm the action. This copy of Windows is not genuine” message will no longer appear.
- If the Windows 7 build 7601 this copy of Windows is not genuine still appears, in the elevated command prompt again type slmgr /rearm.
- If you get a message, “This maximum allowed number of rearms has been exceeded” follow these steps to fix the issue:.
- Press Windows + R and open the Run window.
- Type regedit.exe > hit Enter Key. In the Windows Registry editor go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > WindowsNT > Current version”.
Double the Current version, to expand it > find and click on the SoftwareProtectionPlatform. Locate Skip Rearm > right-click > Modify.
How to Permanently Remove This Copy of Windows Is Not Genuine on Windows 7/10
Change the value from 0 to 1 > OK. Close the Registry Editor and reboot the PC. This should solve this copy of Windows is not genuine, error message. When the PC’s computer policy is not properly configured you might see the not genuine error message.